Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Genuine No Risk Bet...

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
I have posted this in the Bargains on the Web bit, but it is time sensitive (expires this weekend) so forgive me for posting it here too, in case people don't look at the Bargains forum that often.

New Spurs shirt sponsors Mansion will refund a stake of up to £100 on any losing Asian Handicap bet on Spurs beating Bolton on Saturday. There is no handicap (no +0.5 goals or whatever) anyway as it is seen as an even match. Odds are 1.84.

Basically, pay in £100 on your card, place your Asian Handicap bet on Spurs. If they win you'll make £84 profit. If they lose or draw, you'll get your £100 stake money back anyway!

NB You have to bet on Spurs :(((

Fill your boots!

Clicky Risk Free Bet Even Though It is On Bloody Spurs

Last edited:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
and the catch is ???

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
The catch is...

The only catch as far as I can see is that you have to bet on Spurs to win (which some people might not like to do)!

Smallprint says if they don't win they'll credit back your £100 stake within 48 hours.

Haven't seen anything that says you can't withdraw it, but obviously it takes a few days for a withdrawal to credit back to your card.

I suspect they've pissed so much money up the wall sponsoring the Spurs shirts that they can handle another couple of million paid out in refunded bets!

For the guy who was asking what an Asian Handicap is, it is where one team gets given a head start in goals, +0.5 or +1.5 or whatever, to even things up, ie Charlton v Palace in the cup, they will give Palace +5.5 goals headstart so we can both be around even in the odds to win. :)

Bolton v Spurs is regarded as an even match up anyway, so even though it's an Asian Handicap bet, both sides are on +0, ie it is a straight bet on Spurs to win.

Bet £100 and if Spurs win, you win £184 (ie your stake back plus £84 profit). If Spurs lose or draw, you get your £100 stake back (albeit a few days down the line).

No catch that I can see!

Although I can't see Spurs winning...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Re: The catch is...

fataddick said:
The only catch as far as I can see is that you have to bet on Spurs to win (which some people might not like to do)!

Smallprint says if they don't win they'll credit back your £100 stake within 48 hours.

Haven't seen anything that says you can't withdraw it, but obviously it takes a few days for a withdrawal to credit back to your card.

I suspect they've pissed so much money up the wall sponsoring the Spurs shirts that they can handle another couple of million paid out in refunded bets!

For the guy who was asking what an Asian Handicap is, it is where one team gets given a head start in goals, +0.5 or +1.5 or whatever, to even things up, ie Charlton v Palace in the cup, they will give Palace +5.5 goals headstart so we can both be around even in the odds to win. :)

Bolton v Spurs is regarded as an even match up anyway, so even though it's an Asian Handicap bet, both sides are on +0, ie it is a straight bet on Spurs to win.

Bet £100 and if Spurs win, you win £184 (ie your stake back plus £84 profit). If Spurs lose or draw, you get your £100 stake back (albeit a few days down the line).

No catch that I can see!

Although I can't see Spurs winning...

We NEVER win at Bolton

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
fataddick said:
I have posted this in the Bargains on the Web bit, but it is time sensitive (expires this weekend) so forgive me for posting it here too, in case people don't look at the Bargains forum that often.

New Spurs shirt sponsors Mansion will refund a stake of up to £100 on any losing Asian Handicap bet on Spurs beating Bolton on Saturday. There is no handicap (no +0.5 goals or whatever) anyway as it is seen as an even match. Odds are 1.84.

Basically, pay in £100 on your card, place your Asian Handicap bet on Spurs. If they win you'll make £84 profit. If they lose or draw, you'll get your £100 stake money back anyway!

NB You have to bet on Spurs :(((

Fill your boots!

Clicky Risk Free Bet Even Though It is On Bloody Spurs

How much will you earn for each person that does sign up using your link, assuming the tracking code on the link is yours...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Re: Re: Genuine No Risk Bet...

nail-Z-gull said:
How much will you earn for each person that does sign up using your link, assuming the tracking code on the link is yours...

Very naughty.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Sadly I cut and pasted the link from a Spurs message board, so if anyone makes any money from the "tracking code" (whatever that is) it won't be me :(

Wondergull

Nov 24, 2004
Brooklyn, New York
Now trying to withdraw the money i deposited and it says i cant make a withdrawl until i send a copy of my passport or drving licence. Now waiting on the phone to custmoer services.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Eh?

The odds have changed from 1.84 to 1.83

Hardly the end of the world.

Just noticed the passport thing. They accept a scan of it sent by e-mail so should only be a minute or so hassle for most people.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
So I've found the catch - guess you have too!

They refund the stake ok, but you've got to jump through bloody hoops before you can withdraw your 100 quid (i.e provide copies of your driving licence and credit card etc).

All this inconvenience is entirely deliberate in the hope that you'll just leave your 100 quid there and gamble it away.

They dress it up as fraud prevention, but of course this is rubbish as they dont make these checks when they take money off you, just when you want it back!

Make sure you complain to their customer services about this entrapment.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Arthritic Toe said:
They refund the stake ok, but you've got to jump through bloody hoops before you can withdraw your 100 quid (i.e provide copies of your driving licence and credit card etc).

Hmmm, identity theft springs immediately to mind, watch you credit card bills carefully and keep an eye of your credit rating

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here