Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Photography thread

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Shot Maximo Park at The Forum in London tonight, and I'm trying the post/edit/re-post thing. Sorry if it still doesn't work.

image.jpg

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
I have got a nikon coolpix p510. It's a bridge camera with the ability to use a lot of manual modes. Obviously not as good as everyone has on here. Does anybody recommend any places to get some nice close up shots or anything really.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It would appear this morning I was the wrong person, with a £60 camera phone, very much in the right place.

Somewhere over the rainbow, happens to be the A27, NW of Worthing.

WP_000295.jpg

WP_000294.jpg

Attachments

• WP_000295.jpg
    WP_000295.jpg
    361.6 KB · Views: 231

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Sorry - it's a bit late and I'm bollocksed but here's Jake Burns from tonight's SLF gig. Apologies that the watermark is a bit heavy. Like I said - pished.

image.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Obviously not pictures from me, but...this is a photography thread, and I think these are stunning photographs... young girl (13) who hunts with Golden Eagles in the mountains of western Mongolia...amazing pictures i think.....
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-26969150
Amazing topic and subjects, but I don't think the photos are as good as they should be. IMO.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
A family member has just been let down by a photographer for a corporate / commercial shoot in Brighton next week and has asked if i know any good photographers? Any advice or recommendations?

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
A family member has just been let down by a photographer for a corporate / commercial shoot in Brighton next week and has asked if i know any good photographers? Any advice or recommendations?

Search on FB for ESP (east Sussex photographers) photographers and post a request there in the group.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Dug this out for my desktop recently, and in retrospect I'm quite chuffed with it. I took it at my allotment in May 2012 with my Nokia N8. No fancy settings beyond macro and then just point and shoot.

2012-05-28-148_1.jpg

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Dug this out for my desktop recently, and in retrospect I'm quite chuffed with it. I took it at my allotment in May 2012 with my Nokia N8. No fancy settings beyond macro and then just point and shoot.

View attachment 54083
My camera and lens cost more than 10 times a Nokia N8, and this photo is as good as anything I've taken. And it only takes photos! Mind you, I'm not exactly David Bailey!!

Last edited:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford

View attachment 54083

Lovely picture. If you want better, you need to try and capture the insects eyes - not always easy with a bee looking for nectar. :)

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

View attachment 54083

Well caught! However, I suspect you're not capturing in RAW? That would allow you to bring out a lot more detail in the dark bee.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Thanks for the kind comments Jack, Uncle & Oxy.

I would have liked to capture the eyes head on but the subject was head down busy busy and never got in the right position.

Not sure about caputuring in RAW? I think I had it on the full 12mp setting (remember this is just an old N8 phone). I see that the new Nokias, have huge mps for a phone (yes, I realise photography isn't all about megapixels). The 808 pureview, where they previewed their latest camera technology, is a whopping 41mp! Their latest Lumia range is right up there too. If using RAW files and so using the full mp available then it makes for very big files to keep on a phone though, apparently.

I'm not likely to get into photography so a decent camera is not an option for me, but I'm intrigued as to just how good cameras on phones can be nowadays. Always in your pocket and available for a quick snap when the opportunity arises.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Not sure about caputuring in RAW? I think I had it on the full 12mp setting (remember this is just an old N8 phone). I see that the new Nokias, have huge mps for a phone (yes, I realise photography isn't all about megapixels). The 808 pureview, where they previewed their latest camera technology, is a whopping 41mp! Their latest Lumia range is right up there too. If using RAW files and so using the full mp available then it makes for very big files to keep on a phone though, apparently.

I'm not likely to get into photography so a decent camera is not an option for me, but I'm intrigued as to just how good cameras on phones can be nowadays. Always in your pocket and available for a quick snap when the opportunity arises.

Ah, didn't see that you were using a phone! Don't worry about RAW, as it's only an option on high-end compacts cameras, DSLRs, etc. Basically, it's a full dump of the unprocessed data on the sensor, and with the right software you get more control over the image when you tweak it on a computer, than with standard JPG files.

Phones are amazing these days, as you've just proved, but they have limitations.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here