Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Photography thread

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Thank you, The shutter speed was fast because the bloody thing was hopping about a lot and I am not that confident with a quick change.

800 is low, going to struggle with that I think.

But yeah that makes sense for that pic a slower shutter and lower ISO.

There is a lot to learn and a lot to take into account while shit is changing :) :)
You also need to account for the comparatively low resolution of the sensor. By today's standards 12 megapixels is quite low and this would become more apparent when either blowing the photo up to a large size or if one crops.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I did some denoising
Rabbit 12_08 denoised.jpg
Tyrion Denoised 2.jpg
Willow Denoised 2.jpg

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I have lower end technology and have to do some ( a lot of) post processing especially when dealing wild life, you often don't have time to think you just have to take the picture or the moment is gone.... What denoiser did you use, quite impressive. That said I agree with the others keep your ISO as low as you can, 3200 is very high IMO , I wouldn't use that even on astro pictures.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I have lower end technology and have to do some ( a lot of) post processing especially when dealing wild life, you often don't have time to think you just have to take the picture or the moment is gone.... What denoiser did you use, quite impressive. That said I agree with the others keep your ISO as low as you can, 3200 is very high IMO , I wouldn't use that even on astro pictures.

I use lightroom and followed the advice on this video

Thanks for the advice on ISO, I will definately take that onboard.

I also found this video about ISO which seems somewhat controversial going by the comments.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Went for a walk over the lock gates today… the sun was to left of the chimney, wondered if I waited if it I could catch the sun on top, waited about 10 mins and very happy I did.
Very apposite - good capture, and well worth waiting for.

I went to Wasdale for work a while back. As we passed a chap stood with a tripod I said to my colleague that they would be waiting for the right light, sun in the right place, or something - and could be there a while. They laughed.

Over half-an-hour later when we went back the other way - there he still was, patiently waiting.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
The top-half of the first photo is astounding. It looks to me like a coastline with a mountain range in the distance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here