Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Photography thread

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Took a trip to Leeds Castle yesterday, lovely walk and nice and quiet as it was a week day. Didn't take my camera with me as it’s just more to carry when you've got a buggy to push!

Anyway, took this on my mobile. One of my favourite plants - Gunnera - my wife thinks I'm mad and says it's ugly, obviously her eyesight has deteriorated since we met.

50 shades of green...

View attachment 149416

I have one of these in my garden , it only has 2 leaves but has produced the 'flowering' stem.......

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Attachments

• River of Flax NSC.JPG
    River of Flax NSC.JPG
    266.8 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
My Tern!

P1013336-min.JPG

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Too sunny for really decent photos,

Came across a Nikon Photo Course at one of the most photographed sites/sights in the Lake District yesterday - probably around £20k worth of kit above the water here - and bags more on the side. This was just half the group.

The leader and participants were not hugely impressed with the perfect blue skies!

Capture.JPG

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Cormorants or Shags (I can't tell the difference) waiting to dine on fish feeding off the floaties released by Southern Water down Southwick beach way!!

B7A4AC69-9CB1-46E0-B409-8D3E89458C02_1_201_a.jpeg

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Up at the crack of dawn and over to Castle Hill with my trusty bamboo cane and clothes-pegs (and camera).
This Six-spot Burnet Moth, I thought, was my best effort.

Attachments

• Six-spot Burnet Moth.jpg
    Six-spot Burnet Moth.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 91

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Hmm - my camera has died a death. It's been coming with little niggly things here and there - but I think it's finished now.

I have lots of old Minolta glass that is brilliant. Anyone tried the Sony A6600 with an adapter at all? It looks so small to me, and a bit fiddly? And no flash.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Playing about with my new (second-hand) Sigma 150mm macro lens today.
Here's an Echinacea flower.

Attachments

• Echinacea.jpg
    Echinacea.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 118

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Hmm - my camera has died a death. It's been coming with little niggly things here and there - but I think it's finished now.

I have lots of old Minolta glass that is brilliant. Anyone tried the Sony A6600 with an adapter at all? It looks so small to me, and a bit fiddly? And no flash.

Did you try it in the end? I use an adapter for vintage lenses with the Fuji x system and they work a treat. I guess you have been using full frame cameras until now. I love the smaller form of mirrorless but there again my hands are small so the form factor suits me.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Did you try it in the end? I use an adapter for vintage lenses with the Fuji x system and they work a treat. I guess you have been using full frame cameras until now. I love the smaller form of mirrorless but there again my hands are small so the form factor suits me.

I have taken the plunge, yes. I bought the camera, one lens, and the adapter - so for walk-arounds it now feels tiny compared to what I had (a bit like an old film SLR size, which is I suppose the point). And the adaptor seems to work really well - with full electronic controls, just as if it were a native lens. So, all-in-all, I'm quite impressed. Bit more fiddle mind - but I'll use the adapter whilst gradually buying newer e-mount lenses over the years.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
My youngest starts VIth form next month and, due to a mix up, was given Photography instead of the subject he did initially choose. Hes actually looking forward to it though as hes always using his phone and Mrs FP's camera to take photos, & editing on his mac - but can anyone suggest a decent budget set up we can get him to use over the next couple of years and beyond?
A couple of our friends are professional sports photographers for various teams and, as a very sporty kid, hes keen on that side of things if his cricket career doesn't take off.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
My youngest starts VIth form next month and, due to a mix up, was given Photography instead of the subject he did initially choose. Hes actually looking forward to it though as hes always using his phone and Mrs FP's camera to take photos, & editing on his mac - but can anyone suggest a decent budget set up we can get him to use over the next couple of years and beyond?
A couple of our friends are professional sports photographers for various teams and, as a very sporty kid, hes keen on that side of things if his cricket career doesn't take off.

I've used MPB (I don't know if they have a physical shop, but they are Brighton based) for second hand cameras twice in the past year and picked up a super cheap Fuji mirrorless camera for my son's use in his uni course, which takes decent pictures and also a more expensive model which was top of the range in 2014, which is a genuinely lovely camera. It helped that I wanted a backup for my existing setup and that I had already got a few lenses. Vintage lenses can almost always be used with an adapter although you'd need to shoot in manual. There are some bargains out there, particularly on eBay.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here