Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] General Election 2024 - 4th July

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It has just struck me that even though he is unlikely to get in, the Lib Dem guy I am voting for - Henry Jones - is too young to have been eligible to vote in the cursed referendum.

Blimey.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The Daily Mail is panicking with Sunk warning Labour could be in power until 2055 or beyond. I think he is being optimistic.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Put my postal vote in the post box earlier this evening (just made the collection).

Officially too late for anybody to change my mind with new information or compelling arguments.

That is going to be some f***ing compelling argument to make you totally ignore what's happened daily for the last 5 years :lolol:

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Thousands of people fear they will be unable to vote in the general election with delays, human error and Brexit being blamed for missing postal ballot packs in the UK and abroad.

Clarissa Killwick, a British citizen living in Italy, said she could not trust the post to deliver her vote in time.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Thousands of people fear they will be unable to vote in the general election with delays, human error and Brexit being blamed for missing postal ballot packs in the UK and abroad.

Clarissa Killwick, a British citizen living in Italy, said she could not trust the post to deliver her vote in time.
I feel for Clarissa.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

You can always hand deliver to the returning officer. Where is her commitment? Take a small boat across the channel perhaps if needed.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Still 50/50 over Green or Lab, I think Green are far too left for me. Labour have a very centrist manifesto which I agree a lot with, HOWEVER, Green in Brighton is safe and they can push Labour on hugely important green targets which I think are crucial. So I'm a bit torn.
I have previously voted green, when I lived in Bristol, not because they were fundamentally the party whose positions most aligned with my views. But because I believed that environmental issues in particular were underrepresented in the debate and the Greens were most likely to voice them.

Bristol West as it was then, was the second most likely Green seat after Brighton Pavilion, so an opportune tactical vote on key issues for a party that I wouldn't necessarily want ruling outright. I think that's perfectly reasonable logic, depending entirely on the tactical options available in your constituency.

Sounds very like what you're considering now, if that's any help.

In the end the Greens finished a fairly distant second to Labour. I suspect the same will happen again this election even though several pollsters are predicting Greens to win Bristol Central.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Having gone through the lowlights of the various party manifesto there is really not much to differentiate between the three traditional main parties, particularly Labour and Conservative - they seem to concur on most things apart from how to tackle illegal immigration and the fate of the railways. I'd hate to be left making a voting decision based on something as stupid as a policy on whether a penis-attached person is allowed in a female space or not. They need to put some proper meat on their economic proposals.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Having gone through the lowlights of the various party manifesto there is really not much to differentiate between the three traditional main parties, particularly Labour and Conservative - they seem to concur on most things apart from how to tackle illegal immigration and the fate of the railways. I'd hate to be left making a voting decision based on something as stupid as a policy on whether a penis-attached person is allowed in a female space or not. They need to put some proper meat on their economic proposals.
It’s not difficult for me as I remember them saying 14 years ago there is no difference between Labour and the conservative, but certainly things have got much much worse for the majority during the intervening period. So I am happy to take a chance, because the Tories getting re-elected is terrifying.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Indeed. You’d have to be pretty ****ing stupid to make a voting decision on based on that policy.

I've had more flyers telling me who not to vote for rather than telling me who to vote for. The only party to knock and speak on doorstep was the party that according to prediction maps have a 99% chance of winning here compared to its rival. The rival have posted at least a dozen leaflets pleading with me not to vote for green, reform and lib dem as it will give the "don't surrender to" party a chance of winning!!!😁

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here