Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] General Election 2024 - 4th July

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Maybe worth reinforcing then.

Easy pickings against a failing govt, against others where his position of power is slightly less obvious, then I fear he'll be left floundering.
Still, as I said the proof of the pudding.....
He did it from the moment he took the leadership. Every pmqs. Against a pm who no one perceived as 'failing' at the time. Starmer slowly & forensically filleted him. He'd still be in office if not for that quiet careful work. I watched it, every week

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
He did it from the moment he took the leadership. Every pmqs. Against a pm who no one perceived as 'failing' at the time. Starmer slowly & forensically filleted him. He'd still be in office if not for that quiet careful work. I watched it, every week
We've nothing to worry about then.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
IMG_2315.png

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Looking forward to some Portillo results on Thursday.

My most wanted boot out is Rees-Mogg, but Truss would be another funny one, even Sunak is possible. Braverman would be wonderful. And what if Farage actually fails ?

Lots of potential entertainment on Thursday/Friday.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

My most wanted boot out is Rees-Mogg, but Truss would be another funny one, even Sunak is possible. Braverman would be wonderful. And what if Farage actually fails ?

I go by the individual, how extreme are they. Trump’s new mate Truss losing would be enjoyable, due also to the financial hurt she caused.

Moderate, Remain Tory’s losing won’t do anything for me. I remember the Bitter Left getting overly excited when the likes of Chris Patten lost in 92 …. as if they were all neo-fascists …. I worked with an unhinged angry bloke who was like that. Some solace after Labour blew it.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Apparently the Tories are bricking it about Sunak, he’s been in his own constituency several days this week whereas usually the PM’s seat is a slam dunk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Apparently the Tories are bricking it about Sunak, he’s been in his own constituency several days this week whereas usually the PM’s seat is a slam dunk

Funny thing is, privately it’d probably be a relief. As he’s promised to be an MP for the entire next term.

Reform/Liberal/Tory/SNP MP’s will effectively be entirely powerless, bar some input to committees.

Rishi can try Californian life like Nick Clegg.

Reactions: A1X

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I go by the individual, how extreme are they. Trump’s new mate Truss losing would be enjoyable, due also to the financial hurt she caused.

Moderate, Remain Tory’s losing won’t do anything for me. I remember the Bitter Left getting overly excited when the likes of Chris Patten lost in 92 …. as if they were all neo-fascists …. I worked with an unhinged angry bloke who was like that. Some solace after Labour blew it.
Oh, come on, the Let's flatten Patten campaign was hilarious. Not so sure I was of the view that he was a neo-fascist though.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry

Rees-Mogg for me too - the most condescending, patronising upper-class tw*t of them all!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

I have the smallest amount of respect for those Tories that haven't jumped ship and stood by the mess and for re-election.

Doesn't mean I don't want them out of course.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Oh, come on, the Let's flatten Patten campaign was hilarious. Not so sure I was of the view that he was a neo-fascist though.

All the middle class Labour zealots I knew weren’t laughing. Screwed foreheads, spitting hate, forever miserable, easy to wind up.

Symptomatic of times to come (now). Ten, twenty years ago Rudd, Soubry et al were spoken of, including in these pages, as the devil incarnate. Lazy, non nuanced, shouty, unattractive party political warfare. A huge turn off for the wider electorate.

Thank god for Starmer and Streeting. Turning the dial down, kicking out the racist oafs.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
All the middle class Labour zealots I knew weren’t laughing. Screwed foreheads, spitting hate, forever miserable, easy to wind up.

Symptomatic of times to come (now). Ten, twenty years ago Rudd, Soubry et al were spoken of, including in these pages, as the devil incarnate. Lazy, non nuanced, shouty, unattractive party political warfare. A huge turn off for the wider electorate.

Thank god for Starmer and Streeting. Turning the dial down, kicking out the racist oafs.
So I take it that you didn't find the 'Let's flatten Patten' campaign hilarious then.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Is it me?

This campaign has become 'presidential to me, certainly from the tories. Every other party leader has 'subbed' out some roles whereas Sunk in the last couple of weeks is mostly going it alone.

medwayseagull reborn

Oct 12, 2022
Is it me?

This campaign has become 'presidential to me, certainly from the tories. Every other party leader has 'subbed' out some roles whereas Sunk in the last couple of weeks is mostly going it alone.
Very strange as his personal ratings are historically low. Perhaps the others don't want to be associated with such an inept campaign and are refusing to prop him up.

Me Atome

Mar 10, 2024
Is it me?

I think you're right. Perhaps exaggerated by the "leaders debates" on TV. And what TV news want to show.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here