Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] General Election 2024 - 4th July

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Reform now 1 point ahead of tories in latest poll

Even Labour now falling too.

Like David Steele, at this rate Farage must be preparing for government.

IMG_2195.png

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Can labour blow it?.
With the racist vote split seems unlikely.

But this is Britain and we're very good at committing self harm to ourselves, usually instructed by people that don't live here or pay tax here

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
How many Reform MP’s beyond Clapton?
I said earlier in the year I’d be surprised if they got one and staggered if they got more than five

I am convinced Farage will win but beyond that I stand by my previous statement

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
They did in 1992. 🤷‍♂️

Could the opinion pollsters actually get it wrong?
Would need a serious loss of composure from Starmer, à la Kinnock's 'alright' suicide festival. Don't see it myself. Kinnock was always a disaster waiting to happen.

The ITV debate is curious, Mordor seems intent on pursuing a narrative that the Labour manifesto is all lies and that Labour will take us straight back into the EU. Meanwhile the SNP man is disgusted with Labour for not promising to take us back into the EU.

Farage and Mordor keep interrupting. Pair of rats.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
They did in 1992. 🤷‍♂️

Could the opinion pollsters actually get it wrong?
1992 saw polls narrowing during the campaign and over the 18 months prior, that’s not happened at all this time around

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
1992 saw polls narrowing during the campaign and over the 18 months prior, that’s not happened at all this time around
YouGov do seem to show Labour support falling relatively steadily though. 10 points in a fortnight, carry on like that and it will be down to the mid 20s! But I don't know what their methodology change was all about.

1718311181844.png

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Just the classic narrowing that always happens as the election gets closer and closer. People are actually thinking now about the realities of who they want to vote for, rather than just backing the opposition with general anger at the government

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Would need a serious loss of composure from Starmer, à la Kinnock's 'alright' suicide festival. Don't see it myself. Kinnock was always a disaster waiting to happen.

The ITV debate is curious, Mordor seems intent on pursuing a narrative that the Labour manifesto is all lies and that Labour will take us straight back into the EU. Meanwhile the SNP man is disgusted with Labour for not promising to take us back into the EU.

Farage and Mordor keep interrupting. Pair of rats.

The targeting of Rayner by everyone bar Farage is a pattern on these debates. All going for the same marginal voters leaving the Tories.

Nothing personal against her, but in both debates she appears overwhelmed by it all. Whilst the ultra full of themselves patriarchy of Quinn and Farage are able to dominate at will. Definitely hopeless time keeping eg Denyer barely gets a word in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here