Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] General Election 2024 - 4th July

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Bull S**t.
Two parties are to blame. Poor leadership and poor opposition.
And there can be no argument about that.
Hmmm.... Corbyn-Labour were too poor to win a general election but that doesn't exonerates the bastards who won. Blair beat someone whose name I can no longer remember (and some other bugger after that, and one more time for an encore) but he wasn't a 3 term winner because the opposition were blindingly brilliant.

No, the recent tories have been shit because....they are shit and have blagged their way into a power they had no idea how to exercise. That's all there is to it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
They were voting to keep Corbyn as far away from the levers of power as possible.
And they are using this as a reason to not feel so bad about allowing Johnson and his shower of cretins to run the show for 5 years.

Which is exactly what I would be doing, had I fallen into that particular electoral septic tank 5 years ago. :lolol: :thumbsup:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
The tories made us small, spiteful, stupid, self-destructive. They turned our hope to despair. They turned wide horizons into tall walls. They turned sapphire seas of possibility into toxic sludge of defeat. Everything is sadder, meaner, more worn, more broken. Get rid of them.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
And they are using this as a reason to not feel so bad about allowing Johnson and his shower of cretins to run the show for 5 years.

Which is exactly what I would be doing, had I fallen into that particular electoral septic tank 5 years ago. :lolol: :thumbsup:
On the doorstep people were saying corbyn was the reason they wouldn't vote labour.

Remainers often didn't trust him and leavers definitely didn't trust him.

Those not voting on brexit but on economy or security grounds.....didn't trust him.

Those voting on emotion and hope trusted him.

Those who could see that johnson was as suited to be PM as I am to play as a false 9 under Guardiola held their nose and voted for labour

None of that is the reason why Johnson and then Truss and them sunak proved to be so catastrophic for this country

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
On the doorstep people were saying corbyn was the reason they wouldn't vote labour.

Remainers often didn't trust him and leavers definitely didn't trust him.

Those not voting on brexit but on economy or security grounds.....didn't trust him.

Those voting on emotion and hope trusted him.

Those who could see that johnson was as suited to be PM as I am to play as a false 9 under Guardiola held their nose and voted for labour

None of that is the reason why Johnson and then Truss and them sunak proved to be so catastrophic for this country
Eloquent. And correct.

Now, for an extra £50 reduce it into haiku.

Here is my effort:

Corbyn stopped many
Brexit has now passed, thank f***
Clowns soon to be gone

:thumbsup:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Behold, the chairman of the Conservative party

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
They were voting to keep Corbyn as far away from the levers of power as possible.

Then this current clusterf*** with no sign of Corbyn anywhere in the last 5 years is exactly what they voted for, which was what I was pointing out to our friend :wink:

i'd call them disappointed Conservatives rather than shy, not really getting what they voted for (for many individual reasons). my pet theory is as we get to the election and it's clear Labour will win, a lot of these will turn out and vote Conservative anyway, safe in the knowledge they wont win.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

Harry, no-one can seriously deny that they have been fu—-no awful, but, my point was that many people voted for Johnson because Corbyn really put the shits up them. ‘Anyone but Jezza’.
Who are ‘they’ and what could I, for instance, have done to prevent ‘the cretins’ run the show for 5 years?👍

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Then this current clusterf*** with no sign of Corbyn anywhere in the last 5 years is exactly what they voted for, which was what I was pointing out to our friend :wink:
With the best will in the world, Jezza v Boris was the low quality choice the electorate were faced with. I for one didn’t vote, hoping for a ‘clusterf… of a government, but sadly, even with no sign of Corbyn in the last 5 years, that is how it turned out.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
With the best will in the world, Jezza v Boris was the choice the electorate were faced with. I for one didn’t vote, hoping for a ‘clusterf… of a government, but sadly, with no sign of Corbyn in the last 5 years, that is how it turned out.

I agree it was a terrible decision to have to make, and knowing a fair bit about Johnson's history and character, I thought at the time he would be the worse of the two, but we'll never know.

Sadly to my mind, we were already on a 'no way back' track to clusterf***dom that had been set a few years earlier, then all the grown up politicians of all colours left the scene, and has bought us inevitably to where we are now :shrug:

At least I'm confident the country will finally see the back of Johnson, his Head Boy and their cabal (although I suspect the conservative party will still suffer from them further yet) in the next month and can then try to assess what's actually left.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Harry, no-one can seriously deny that they have been fu—-no awful, but, my point was that many people voted for Johnson because Corbyn really put the shits up them. ‘Anyone but Jezza’.
Who are ‘they’ and what could I, for instance, have done to prevent ‘the cretins’ run the show for 5 years?👍
If you made the calculation that Johnson would be better than Corbyn, I'm not sure how you could have know that he and his successors would be so awful. I think in the end I did vote Labour last time, holding my nose (I can't remember now) and although I expect it would have turned out badly I can't know for sure. But I'm not feeling smug.

And regardless of how enthusiastic one might have been for Johnson, there is no doubt that the state we are in is down to him and his successors. It would be fatuous to blame Labour for being unelectable 5 years ago. That would be classic HGTTG "if we don't vote for a lizard the wrong lizard may get in" logic.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
If you made the calculation that Johnson would be better than Corbyn, I'm not sure how you could have know that he and his successors would be so awful. I think in the end I did vote Labour last time, holding my nose (I can't remember now) and although I expect it would have turned out badly I can't know for sure. But I'm not feeling smug.

And regardless of how enthusiastic one might have been for Johnson, there is no doubt that the state we are in is down to him and his successors. It would be fatuous to blame Labour for being unelectable 5 years ago. That would be classic HGTTG "if we don't vote for a lizard the wrong lizard may get in" logic.
Had to look up what HGTTG stood for!😁👍

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Depressing - deffo an argument to be made to say anyone voting Reform needs their head examined and anyone voting Tory needs locking up!
I definitely won't vote Reform.
I definitely won't vote Labour.

I'd put my chances of voting Tory at under 1%, but the potential prison sentence will probably knock that down to 0% as well. Lol.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

“Now, if you take away those 100,000 jobs you are no longer in a position to reach net zero because the people that can do that for you, the very clever people who live in my part of the world, the ones who can drive investment and deliver that net zero future, are the ones that would lose their jobs."

Think that may be / is bollox.

I am working on a project that also includes enginners based in Scotland who normally work on oil and gas projects. The new project is a Hydrogen generation facility. So they havent lost their jobs and and are the clever ones working towards net zero.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here