Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] General Election 2024 - 4th July

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
What concerns me more, not just now but generally, is postal voting. Like a lot of things, it has been allowed to grow out of all sensible proportions. And with this there is no security whatsoever, and no control of who is doing the voting.
Thank you Donald for your considered opinion - we'll put it a long side your suggestion of having a shot of bleach to cure Covid.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Brace yourselves chaps

1000003367.png

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm guessing that most people who want to read the Telegraph's headlines in LARGE FONT would subscribe to it :dunce:

And I'm sure having been 'seen to' by Brexit, Farage and Johnson, you appreciate the unintentional humour in your term 'Brace yourselves' :laugh:

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Polls all over the place on other parties. But still a huge Labour landslide.

Calculus at the weekend forecast 65 LibDem, IPSOS tonight 38 LibDem.

For patriots here, Reform on 3 MP’s, so not just Farage.

Corbyn to lose his seat.
I'd eat my Paddy Ashdown hat if that poll is right. I think he will be backed by his constituency voters. He's very popular there.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Polls all over the place on other parties. But still a huge Labour landslide.

Calculus at the weekend forecast 65 LibDem, IPSOS tonight 38 LibDem.

For patriots here, Reform on 3 MP’s, so not just Farage.

Corbyn to lose his seat.
In terms of the IPSOS pole they note that a large number of seats are on a knife edge and a % either way could result in 10s of seats going Labour or Lib Dem.

Would be surprised if Corbyn lost his seat.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In terms of the IPSOS pole they note that a large number of seats are on a knife edge and a % either way could result in 10s of seats going Labour or Lib Dem.

Would be surprised if Corbyn lost his seat.

That knife edge could favour either party in each case, there’s no reason to think they will come down to favour Lab/LD over Tory. At this stage, swings and roundabouts.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
That knife edge could favour either party in each case, there’s no reason to think they will come down to favour Lab/LD over Tory. At this stage, swings and roundabouts.
Yes but what the poll shows is that best case the Tories stand to win circa 115 seats but there are tens more which they could also conceivably lose.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes but what the poll shows is that best case the Tories stand to win circa 115 seats but there are tens more which they could also conceivably lose.

If you were a betting person, how many Tory MP’s?

About 4 weeks ago, from memory 150 was the lowest odds bet. Then at the weekend the large poll said about 60.

The media talk eg LBC about 2m other Tories who may abstain this time.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
If you were a betting person, how many Tory MP’s?

About 4 weeks ago, from memory 150 was the lowest odds bet. Then at the weekend the large poll said about 60.

The media talk eg LBC about 2m other Tories who may abstain this time.
No idea! Just commenting on what the polls show.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

There's no doubt that the number of Lib/Dem seats, whether Reform get more than one seat, whether the greens retain Brighton are all up for discussion, but the big question is signed, sealed and delivered isn't it ? It's just how much :shrug:

You're starting to sound like a commentator talking up Burnley v City :wink:

*edit* the thread has moved on

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I got my provisional to buy booze. Still cant drive.
You don’t strike me as someone who is stupid enough to believe the Tory part haven’t tried to use the Voter ID scheme to increase their vote and reduce the number voting for opposition parties.

I’m not saying it’s a particularly successful strategy, in fact I believe it has backfired quite badly but it’s obviously a ploy to engineer a better vote.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here