Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] General Election 2024 - 4th July

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Labour now beginning to stretch their legs after the disastrous beginning of the Tory election campaign.

Despite the BBC giving the non-candidate fascist Farage a huge platform (much more than the Lib Dems, SNP or Greens), they’ve dropped off by the same amount as the Tories.

The focus now is the size of the landslide. If the hard left join and vote appropriately, there is a chance the Tories could be relegated to the third or fourth largest party. Will they? Of course not. They need the Tories fully functioning as a ying for their yang, it’s why the SNP have done so well for years.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
CH4 is starting to televise the Rest is Politics podcast from tonight (11:10pm). Their polling has the Labour lead narrowing from 18 points to 12 in a week.
It only one poll of course, but no room for complacency. Remember we have with voter suppression with Voter ID, gerrymandering with boundary changes and a pending onslaught of misinformation via social media micro targeting

A reminder to everyone who wants the Tories gone to vote tactically

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
It only one poll of course, but no room for complacency. Remember we have with voter suppression with Voter ID, gerrymandering with boundary changes and a pending onslaught of misinformation via social media micro targeting

A reminder to everyone who wants the Tories gone to vote tactically

Can't beat good old democracy, telling folk how to vote

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Labour and their Worthing West candidate Beccy Cooper are pursuing me all over the place with ads, including video ads on YouTube, which I’ve had multiple times.

It’s very good of them to keep reminding me of Beccy, but I really think their money would be better spent targeting people who are in that constituency rather than me who isn’t.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The message of right wing populism in this country
is falling on deaf ears. Sadly, FPTP is unlikely to reflect this sort of polling in Parliamentary seats won:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Can't beat good old democracy, telling folk how to vote
Providing information about each constituency is not ‘telling’ people how to vote, but being able to make an informed choice.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
On a lighter note, I am 100% on board with the Lib Dems basically using the General Election campaign as a massive bucket list opportunity

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I keep expecting a shot of a phonebox and this bully jumping out

https___www.ft.jpeg

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Apologies if fixtures but what a horrible response

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Labour and their Worthing West candidate Beccy Cooper are pursuing me all over the place with ads, including video ads on YouTube, which I’ve had multiple times.

It’s very good of them to keep reminding me of Beccy, but I really think their money would be better spent targeting people who are in that constituency rather than me who isn’t.
Funny. I’m getting the same. I’m quite near the boundary, but they really should save their money for the folk the other side of Rectory Road.

Jul 20, 2003
New Tory zinger.

Points on driving licences for fly tipping.

It's about time that there was some legal measures in place for this.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
New Tory zinger.

Points on driving licences for fly tipping.

It's about time that there was some legal measures in place for this.
Fly tipping absolutely boils my piss, and I agree punishment should be significant, but the issue is catching/finding the ****s to dish out the punishment. Have they suggested how this will work?

Jul 20, 2003
Fly tipping absolutely boils my piss, and I agree punishment should be significant, but the issue is catching/finding the ****s to dish out the punishment. Have they suggested how this will work?

Fines can be up to £50,000 + up to 12months in prison

at crown court unlimited fines and 5 years.

conviction rates have declined of late.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Wouldn’t it be more economic to just open up the local authority run/tendered out, waste and recycling facilities to accept this waste rather than their foolishly construed money making schemes conjured up by these national and local politicians which when introduced just exasperated an already not insignificant problem carried out by unscrupulous waste clearance cowboys/businesses and plenty of residential populace who were/are too lazy and have no respect for their country, environment or fellow citizens and always would take the easy option and fly tip their crap for others to deal with. Charging for waste disposal was always going to increase these practices and East Sussex county council who operate their tips or franchises hardly improved this problem following last years ruling by Parliament whereby tips were instructed to receive and not charge for waste, restricting home owners etc to two small bags of decorating/building waste per week and any further bags charged at £6.00 each. A little more common sense, planning and education shown by the authorities and this disgusting practice would never have escalated to the current level of problem.
In my humble opinion like !

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Wouldn’t it be more economic to just open up the local authority run/tendered out, waste and recycling facilities to accept this waste rather than their foolishly construed money making schemes conjured up by these national and local politicians which when introduced just exasperated an already not insignificant problem carried out by unscrupulous waste clearance cowboys/businesses and plenty of residential populace who were/are too lazy and have no respect for their country, environment or fellow citizens and always would take the easy option and fly tip their crap for others to deal with. Charging for waste disposal was always going to increase these practices and East Sussex county council who operate their tips or franchises hardly improved this problem following last years ruling by Parliament whereby tips were instructed to receive and not charge for waste, restricting home owners etc to two small bags of decorating/building waste per week and any further bags charged at £6.00 each. A little more common sense, planning and education shown by the authorities and this disgusting practice would never have escalated to the current level of problem.
In my humble opinion like !
Sir Humphrey couldn't have put it more succinctly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here