Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
anyone else notice how the Labour polling seems to come in on the same number, 33%, while the Conservative number varies from 31-34? over the weeks it doesn't stay exactly as that, but the trend of Labour in a much narrower range than the Conservative seems to be evident.

Both parties seem to be stuck , Labour need to win over LibDem voters and Conservatives need to win over UKIP voters.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Why do you think the UK will fail whilst numerous other nations have workable coalitions and/or minority governments? And the UK has numerous minority councils which work including Brighton and Holyrood. And whether I like them or not the Tories and the Libs held it together for 5 years. You will need to explain yourself.

Because the parliament of the UK is traditionally and inherently one of "Confrontational Democracy" and is designed and run in that way. The role of the Opposition is to oppose the government (there are rare occasions when the whole house agree, but generally the point of the other side is to argue the government is always wrong).

Most other parliaments are inherently cooperational - if the government come up with a genuinely good idea, then some/all of the the "opposition" will back it - rarely do the Whips allow that to happen in England. It will take a significant change in attitude (which I think we may have started on the journey but have a long way to go) to move from where we are to where we need to be for coalitions (espcially large ones) to function well.

The Tories and LDems have held the coalition for the duration, but it has taken its toll (especially on the LDems - being forced to backstab students big style!). I am merely predicting that a 3-party coalition will fail if we have one now.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Whilst driving along Viaduct Road (or rather sitting in all the traffic admiring the big black flower pots) I noticed that the poster count along the road is Green 5 Labour 1 Russian Communist Flag 1.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Whilst driving along Viaduct Road (or rather sitting in all the traffic admiring the big black flower pots) I noticed that the poster count along the road is Green 5 Labour 1 Russian Communist Flag 1.
Doesn't the commie one count for labour then?

Am picking up some odd anecdotal evidence that Pavilion Tories are considering voting Labour to keep Lucas out.

If stuff like this doesn't convince anyone we desperately need PR in this country, I don't know what will.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Am picking up some odd anecdotal evidence that Pavilion Tories are considering voting Labour to keep Lucas out.

If stuff like this doesn't convince anyone we desperately need PR in this country, I don't know what will.

Why would the tories want Labour to get another MP? Would have thought they'd vote Green to keep Labour out considering the two parties may well be within just a handful of seats of each other come the end of the campaign. Completely agree re PR by the way.

Why would the tories want Labour to get another MP? Would have thought they'd vote Green to keep Labour out considering the two parties may well be within just a handful of seats of each other come the end of the campaign. Completely agree re PR by the way.

Because they hate Lucas more than they hate a local Labour candidate they've never heard of. I'm not saying it's logical.....

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Who are the Pavilion Tories, the only conservative banner or poster for a mile or so around my flat in central Brighton is by the Bear Pub for Simon Kirby in Kemptown I was so excited to see it and just wonder if its his Mum's fat. Its 1-1 at HT v the Communist Party

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

The logic is by getting rid of the only Green MP in parliament with Labour taking Pavilion next month by the time it comes around to the next general election in 2020 the constituency will be a two way fight between the Conservatives and Labour.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

Totally agree, PR should've been introduced years ago. Its the only fair system. Trouble is its not in the electoral interest of either the Tories or Labour to do so.

Who are the Pavilion Tories, the only conservative banner or poster for a mile or so around my flat in central Brighton is by the Bear Pub for Simon Kirby in Kemptown I was so excited to see it and just wonder if its his Mum's fat. Its 1-1 at HT v the Communist Party

Pavilion also takes in the leafier northern wards around the Theatre of Trees

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Will they all drive down in their 4x4's and give it large around my way, if Pavillion goes blue in May

Tim has a lot of convincing to do getting the solid blue vote to stick their cross in the Labour box on the ballot paper :lol: Remember his ranting and raving in 2010 about Caroline Lucas ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here