Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gay Pride?

leonidas

Go tell the Spartans
Jun 5, 2007
Surrounded by pubs
I'm in my fiftys now, when I was a kid homosexuality was illegal and I was brought up to see it as wrong, as many people my age were.

I consider myself to be tollerant and considerate , don't wish to impose my views or my sexuality ( straight ) on others that don't see the world the same as me, but always happy to discuss life with whoever will put up a reasoned point.

Whats getting to me is simple.
I just can not see why anyone would want to parade through the town center to celebrate bring gay!
OK, your gay, good luck to you and I hope you have a happy and healthy life but why do we need a march? We dont have a straight and proud day, or a ginger haired / left handed / bondage and proud march / day so why a gay one?

Honestly. i'm not homophobic, I live in the center of this wonderfull city and I know a number of gay people and I have to say they are some of the kindest, most decent people I know.

Why don't we have an Albion and proud day every year? :albion2:

Is it just me, am I just a product of a bygone age?

What do you think.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It's not just Brighton either, lots of cities have them.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I understand where you are coming from, but I think the pride element is because the lifestlye was illegal for some time, which is not true in the case of straights.

I would however draw the line at a ginger pride day, and anyway, they would not have enough friends to form a parade.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I always think there are loads of societies for gay, transgender, transexual, minority groups, but little for those who are hetro. Maybe we should all be proud of our sexuality.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
I just see it as a celebration of freedom of choice. So often, gay people are shunned in society, and are discriminated because of their sexuality.

For people who aren't gay, pride was a brilliant day, which i found really good fun

leonidas

Go tell the Spartans
Jun 5, 2007
Surrounded by pubs
My son who's 18, has just come home really angry because some fat northern bastard has just stopped him in the street and told him its his lucky day because he's looking for some young cock!
A ) fat northern bastards shouldn't be allowed into our beautiful city
B ) If that had been a hetro saying it to a young girl it would be considered unacceptable but as its gay day they can abuse and insult with impunity and if you complain, your homophobic.
C ) Dont have a C, just thought there should be one.

D

Deleted User X18H

They are all still being gay and giggley and look I am different up, and down The Drove now.............homosexuality is accepted in society why still show off about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here