Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
FatLesbians.png

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Strongly suspect that we're not getting the complete picture about these two chaps snogging. They are bound to under-play what they did for effect. Possibly they were being more provocative than they say - and the "peck on the lips" hints at that. We don't know the whole story so hard to make a judgement. If two people (men and or women) were eating each others faces in a pub, I'd kind of want them to stop. Snogging discretely in the corner? Meh.

deakers

Jul 15, 2008
Strongly suspect that we're not getting the complete picture about these two chaps snogging. They are bound to under-play what they did for effect. Possibly they were being more provocative than they say - and the "peck on the lips" hints at that. We don't know the whole story so hard to make a judgement. If two people (men and or women) were eating each others faces in a pub, I'd kind of want them to stop. Snogging discretely in the corner? Meh.

You're spot on. Just been revealed on R5, the blokes are journalists. Total non-story.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

I suspect that you are correct there. However when you see the reaction of some people then maybe it might not be the case. On the other hand is this pub a known 'Gay' pub such as can be found in any city ? I have to say that as there total homophobes exist maybe some people should be a bit more circumspect with shows of affection.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You're spot on. Just been revealed on R5, the blokes are journalists. Total non-story.

And?

So they are journalists. What does that mean? That the pub that threw them out are ok? That it wasn't a possible example of homophobia/discrimination (agree on the need for a full story first)? Even if they are two straight journalists trying to expose an underbelly of homophobia in social establishments in London with a 'sting operation' why does that make it a non-story?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
im sure Peter Tatchell is working out his boycott/demonstration strategy for there as we speak..........

See plenty of girls in our bar kissing, sometimes quite deeply... to be fair, ive not seen any men try it. I think people from Russia and the former republics in the federation, are not so used to it, and chances are any men kissing in the bar would get a beating by some of the clients, particularly on our saturday Ukrainian chav night.

Last edited:

deakers

Jul 15, 2008
And?

So they are journalists. What does that mean? That the pub that threw them out are ok? That it wasn't a possible example of homophobia/discrimination (agree on the need for a full story first)? Even if they are two straight journalists trying to expose an underbelly of homophobia in social establishments in London with a 'sting operation' why does that make it a non-story?

You're right, I should have elaborated. The guy that made the initial complaint phoned in, according to him the blokes were over the top, full on frenchies and a bit of fumbling too. They were asked, very politely, by the barman to calm down. They didn't. They were asked to leave. In the process of leaving one of the blokes asked for the Landlady's name, she told him and asked for his name, he responded but felt then need to also tell her that he was a journo.

I've heard both sides of the story on the radio "from the horses mouth" and I know who I believe.

This isn't a homophobic story. This isn't a news-worthy story. This is 2 people, (regardless of sex, colour, sexual orientation, or anything else you might want to use), behaving inappropriately in a pub. Refusing to stop their behaviour and being asked to leave. It happens in every town in the country, every day of the year. It just so happens that in this case someone has chosen to abuse their position and try to make this incident something that it wasn't.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i cant help feel theres something missing in the story as told. as others mention, it would be pretty unusual for a pub in soho to *not* have blokes kissing from time to time.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
You're right, I should have elaborated. The guy that made the initial complaint phoned in, according to him the blokes were over the top, full on frenchies and a bit of fumbling too. They were asked, very politely, by the barman to calm down. They didn't. They were asked to leave. In the process of leaving one of the blokes asked for the Landlady's name, she told him and asked for his name, he responded but felt then need to also tell her that he was a journo.

I've heard both sides of the story on the radio "from the horses mouth" and I know who I believe.

This isn't a homophobic story. This isn't a news-worthy story. This is 2 people, (regardless of sex, colour, sexual orientation, or anything else you might want to use), behaving inappropriately in a pub. Refusing to stop their behaviour and being asked to leave. It happens in every town in the country, every day of the year. It just so happens that in this case someone has chosen to abuse their position and try to make this incident something that it wasn't.

It does make you realise that when the 'PC' Brigade start screaming about have their rights violated this sort of thing tends to rather undermine all that they stand for. As DIP says no doubt Peter Tatchell is already on the case. Tatchell is the bloke who thought he had a duty to 'out' gay people who would rather have kept their private lives exactly that. Media whore springs to mind.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
And?

Where the pub is it is full of noofter bars so I find it hard to believe that a publican would chuck someone out of their boozer for just kissing each other. It's not like it would be alien to the landlord or the patrons given the area. They'll be allot more to this story I'm sure.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

If that's the correct story, what idiots. Asked to leave a pub for inappropriate behaviour - "but we're gay, you can't throw us out" blah blah blah. Fuckoff you idiots.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here