Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gavin Hoyte

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Had an absolute nightmare tonight, only ever noticed him contributing with his throws, and his defending was woeful...never where he was meant to be, and this lead to their goal. Can't think of a good performance he has had for us. I know he is playing out of position, but simply not good enough...he can go back to Arsenal now...lets end the experiment, get rid.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hoyte plays like an under 8 player and is out of position right from the KO which is just awful at times.

Clearly he never paid any attention at Arsenal.

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
Glad its not just me who feels like this. He is the one weak link we have now - I agree lets send him back to Arsenal now, he clearly wont make the grade for us next season

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
The problem with Hoyte is he just can't defend. I've just seen last nights goals on the tv and their forward strolled past Hoyte like he wasn't there to tuck the ball away.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Whing won't be back and Gus is just making sure before he sends Hoyte back. I'm sure he is well aware that Hoyte is just another useless Arsenal reject. They must really hate us!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Hoyte has been woeful pretty much all season.

Yet another Arsenal youngster who is destined to be playing in the lower realms of the football league.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hoyte was poor in the first half but improved considerably in the 2nd half but is still no the answer as a deputy for Painter. I would have prefered McNulty or even Tunnicliffe who has apparently played at full back for Stockport.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Surely McNulty would have played had he stayed here to fight for his place rather than go out on loan.

Gus feels he has a future here so hopefully he will fight for the spot next season with Painter. I would feel comfortable about a promotion push with either of them at Left back.

Hoyte can go back now, he doesn't look to be much of a defender to me and we probably would still have Whingy here if we had got rid of Hoyte with Slade

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Send him back, and Arismende.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I laid into him on the radio after the Charlton home match a while ago - he's awful and puts little effort in...

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Never like to criticize a player, but, have to agree. He is totally out of his depth at the lofty heights of lower tier third rung of the football league.
I would have even prefered Hart in his position this week!

Sad but true. :wink:

ps Stand by for him making us all look like mugs in the not-too-distant now. :lolol:

The screamer

NSC's biggest geek
Apr 2, 2010
Portsmouth
hoyte was responsible for a goal at hartlepool, was awful at carlisle and awful at gillingham! 3 chances to prove himself and f**ked them all up, send him back now! then he can go on loan to a conference team! If painter isn't back Saturday and we cant get mcnulty back then we can easily move el-abd to left back as he is able to play there then have both elphick and virgo on! COME ON GUS! it isn't hard

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
hoyte was responsible for a goal at hartlepool, was awful at carlisle and awful at gillingham! 3 chances to prove himself and f**ked them all up, send him back now! then he can go on loan to a conference team! If painter isn't back Saturday and we cant get mcnulty back then we can easily move el-abd to left back as he is able to play there then have both elphick and virgo on! COME ON GUS! it isn't hard

Thats is how I thought we would have lined up in the first place.

El-Abd Elphick Virgo Calderon at the back

The screamer

NSC's biggest geek
Apr 2, 2010
Portsmouth
Thats is how I thought we would have lined up in the first place.

El-Abd Elphick Virgo Calderon at the back

exactly, it's so simple! and also 4-5-1 isnt working anymore!
Gus needs to see this, it isnt hard to see!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here