Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gatting Out on Loan

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Not a bad move, the BSP is a fairly good standard these days and not a million miles from Divs 1&2, it seemed to do Jakey no harm when he went to Aldershot.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That's cos you can't see further than the end of your nose. :lol:

Not really. Just voiced the unpopular notion that Gatting wouldn't cut it as an Albion first team player long before the rest of the flock thought it safe to agree.

Had Doug Loft bang to rights as a waste of space the same night he was disgracefully given an unearned contract by McGhee.

Honestly can't see a single other duffer on the horizon at the moment, but spotted these two a MILE off :angel:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I agree with you about Doug Loft but we'll agree to disagree about Gatts.

Padders

Jul 5, 2003
Cheadle Hulme
Good luck to him. I cant understand the negativity arouind him either. He is confident, knows where the goal is, and is a goal poacher. He does lack a raw pace, but with the right type of service (i.e. dont hoof it over the top) he will score goals.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Woking looked like a reasonable unit in their pre season game against us in the Summer. Had a winger who got some good service in so hopefully he might get some goals.

The loan move to Aldershot didn't do Jake any harm a few years back.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Held the ball up better than any other player at the club last season. His pace is a problem but with the right player alongside him and a bit of experience he'll do well at this level imo.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Not really. Just voiced the unpopular notion that Gatting wouldn't cut it as an Albion first team player long before the rest of the flock thought it safe to agree.

Had Doug Loft bang to rights as a waste of space the same night he was disgracefully given an unearned contract by McGhee.

Honestly can't see a single other duffer on the horizon at the moment, but spotted these two a MILE off :angel:

So wrong about Gatting he will get goals for us in the future is just a young confidence player. The moans from the fans don't exactly do him the world of good
Loft has done enough to earn contracts under 2 managers so can't be that bad. Its a squad game and he is a squad player. Hardly going to be on a fortune so does it really matter

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The loan move to Aldershot didn't do Jake any harm a few years back.
The Aldershot fans loved Jake. We bumped into a coach load of them at a services on the way back from a game.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol

You're wrong.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
THPP is RIGHT

Gatting will NEVER make it as a striker in the Football League with us or anyone else. I know its NICE to be NICE about young players and all that, and that obligatory word POTENTIAL comes into it time and time again. But I'm afraid I have to call it on 1st team performances I've seen him in, and he just ain't gonna be good enough.

Ship him out by all means. But Joe Gatting is NOT going to be a name you see in the top goalscoring stats for L1 or L2 this season, next season or the season after. Its a nice thought, but it just ain't gonna happen.

Sorry.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
well i think he could do a job.

ok struggled at times last season but he holds the ball up well and knows where the back of the net is

along someone with a bit of pace think he will come good over the next 2 or 3 seasons

Kukev31

Feb 2, 2005
Birmingham
He scored quite a few goals last season, and considering how little time he played, I bet he's got a better strike rate than a lot of our strikers. He's a good player, and I hope this loan spell does him the world of good.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I really hope Gatting makes the grade at the Albion because I think he's a talented kid but like a lot of fringe players it's make or break time for him this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here