Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Neville creams his trousers.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Absolutely.

Explains things in simple terms so everyone can understand but what I really like is how he picks up on what individual players are doing in a match, and makes clear what their jobs are.

As a fan I find it difficult to comprehend what the pros are doing sometimes, and why they're doing it. I'm sure most fans don't even realise that players have individual jobs to to and don't look past the formation when they think of tactics. Gary Neville pick up on and explains this better than any other pundit.
Correct, and he doesn't pull his punches. Some pundits talk like they're scared of reprisals on the golf course if they mention that so-and-so is playing absolute gash or making too many very basic mistakes.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
What I thought was great - and I couldn't believe I was hearing it - was that GN actually spoke over the commentator.

This is almost unheard of on British TV.

I have noticed Collymore doing it a bit with Matterface on TalkSport and I quite liked it. I also like the lunatic element of Bob Booker on Seagulls World.

It brings a human element to the commentary, because that's what you'd do with your mates, you'd all be shouting over each other and going mental. Last night's result deserved something mental.

The way the british broadcast football has been under the microscope this year. Sky have got the plaudits while the Beeb and more-so ITV have been castigated for their awful, out of touch, rubbish.

I'd expect the BBC to make some changes for their Euro2012 programming. ITV are going to get a hammering from all corners.

What I'm trying to say is, the Nevillgasm has changed the way football is broadcast in England forever. Hopefully.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
We were laughing at this when it happened :) Not surprised to see it all over the net. Hate him but did an OK job commentating. I still think it can't actually be THAT hard to commentate on a match though and ITV pick out some shockers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here