Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Neville creams his trousers.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I bet many of us made similar sound when Torres got the second. Fair play, he's a proper football man.

True. Never thought I'd share an orgasm with Gary Neville. What a night!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
ha ha ha ha daft twat !!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Love GNev, by far the best pundit/co-commentator on the tellybox at the moment

Absolutely.

Explains things in simple terms so everyone can understand but what I really like is how he picks up on what individual players are doing in a match, and makes clear what their jobs are.

As a fan I find it difficult to comprehend what the pros are doing sometimes, and why they're doing it. I'm sure most fans don't even realise that players have individual jobs to to and don't look past the formation when they think of tactics. Gary Neville pick up on and explains this better than any other pundit.

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
Absolutely.

Explains things in simple terms so everyone can understand but what I really like is how he picks up on what individual players are doing in a match, and makes clear what their jobs are.

As a fan I find it difficult to comprehend what the pros are doing sometimes, and why they're doing it. I'm sure most fans don't even realise that players have individual jobs to to and don't look past the formation when they think of tactics. Gary Neville pick up on and explains this better than any other pundit.

Andy Gray was doing that for years...and he also said the best way to get it on with the wags!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's like the continental Goooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal, but without the G or the L.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Andy Gray was doing that for years...and he also said the best way to get it on with the wags!

Andy Gray spent years stating the f***ing obvious in a self important way. Nevilles analysis is light years ahead and he manages to do it without sounding like Jeremy Clarksons Scottish cousin.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Gary Neville becomes more and more likeable with each passing day. :lolol:

Much rather listen to him than ANYONE ITV use. As the song goes, ITV is f***ing shit.

Was tempted to start a thread about him yesterday. UTTER c*ck of a player, but a quality pundit, very intelligent, and nowhere near as United-biased as I thought he would be.

Him, along with Redknapp and Souness's squabbles, make watching Sky's analysis far more interesting and enjoyable than Shearer, Hansen and Lawro.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Sky's coverage is absolutely f***ing superb.

Andy Gray's removal was one of the best things that could have happened. He was becoming more and more out of touch with the way modern football operates and was just becoming a joke. He clearly had far too much power. Redknapp is excellent, as is Sounness, but Neville has been a revelation. He has the credibility when he's talking because we all know that only a few months ago, he was out there playing.

His Nevillegasm last night was f***ing brilliant.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
What a hypoctite he is though, as soon as Torres came on he didn't stop having a go at him, blaming him for everything.

Reminded me a lot of those twatty Barnes haters who slate him throughout the game yet celebrate like a real supporter when he scores.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
What a hypoctite he is though, as soon as Torres came on he didn't stop having a go at him, blaming him for everything.

Reminded me a lot of those twatty Barnes haters who slate him throughout the game yet celebrate like a real supporter when he scores.

He was looking completely lazy and disinterested though, right up till he was left with the entire Barca to himself and Valdes!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
He's been great. He comments on aspects of the game which regular footy fans like me have no idea about. Andy Gray just seemed to out of touch by the time he left that he added nothing but his voice to the experience.

I LOVED how GN got so much joy from a player scoring for CHELSEA - proper football fan!

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
I loved it. Was fantastic. It went on a little longer as well, into that awkward moment when you think he's going to stop any time soon, and carries on! Love listening to Gary on Sky, he is great on MNF too. As others have said, he see's and explains things that ordinary folk just don't get.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He was looking completely lazy and disinterested though, right up till he was left with the entire Barca to himself and Valdes!

Totally agree with this. Given the circumstances, I could not BELIEVE how lethargic and disinterested Torres looked when he came on. He was letting players run past him, he was leaving acres of space behind him, and was trotting around like it was a training match. We all know he's not a leftback, but Drogba had worked his bollocks off closing down that side of the pitch. Torres came on and in defensive terms did absolutely naff-all.

It was also incredibly fortunate that he got that 1 on 1, being as he'd just been dispossessed chasing a clearance upfield. He finished it superbly of course and so will get all the plaudits, but his complete lack of effort while Chelsea were desperately holding out was frankly shocking.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Was tempted to start a thread about him yesterday. UTTER c*ck of a player, but a quality pundit, very intelligent, and nowhere near as United-biased as I thought he would be.

This... Hate to admit it but he is pretty good... and am shocked about how unbiased he is.. Fair play

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I actually played that back a couple of times on the highlights last night because I found it so funny. Love Neville as a pundit... great move getting him in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here