Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Hart

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Don't expect to see McLeod play right wing, or Dixon/Gatting to do ANYTHING.

Yeah, odd though that nothing has been said re: Mayo. As you say, decent left back cover, and even with Richards back we need someone to push him for a place. And as pointed above, to get Hart AND Mayo for the price of one player would be a good bit of business. Perhaps he's a bit more reluctant to take a pay cut.???

im not expecting dixon or gatting to do anything either - but they are still better options up front than hart, which just shows that we need to get a decent striker in

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
im not expecting dixon or gatting to do anything either - but they are still better options up front than hart, which just shows that we need to get a decent striker in
I think Hart probably still offers marginally more than those two up front, but that isn't saying a lot.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Virgo,Gargan?

We have enough strikers to mess about with.Don't need anymore

virgo perhaps - although i would be concerned if we are again having to convert a defender into a centre forward

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Gatting will score, if given the chances.

Virgo is a limited forward and doesn't want to play there.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Gatting will score, if given the chances.

Virgo is a limited forward and doesn't want to play there.
Gatting is just too pedestrian in all aspects - he rarely even gets in goalscoring positions, and frankly after the Worthing game I'm not even convinced by the argument that he will score given the chances any more. If one of Murray or Forster were unavailable I'd rather put Hart in for his workrate and energy (which hopefully is still there) as a foil to a better striker.

Virgo is a limited forward - but the fact remains he scored 9 goals in the Championship which is not an awful return, and he demonstrated considerable finishing ability in a lot of those goals. He also offers more all round in terms of physicality and movement than Gatting does.

I think Dixon and Gatting are probably about 6th/7th choice up front at the moment, and we should be looking to move them on, at least on loan.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes, he will, which will make his return all the more impressive. How many first team goals do you think he'll score?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I don't know because I really don't think he will be troubling the first team at all.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Yes, he will, which will make his return all the more impressive. How many first team goals do you think he'll score?

I'm going to go with THREE......I agree he can score goals but don't see him gatting many games, I think both Virgo and Robinson will be ahead of him for starts if either fozzy or murray get injured

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
I think Dixon and Robinson will be our back up strikers with Gatting and Gargan being loaned out. Dixon hasn't had a run yet and has been very unlucky with injuries. I've seen him run teams ragged at conference level and he should be able to step up and prove his point.

I think the service and supply will be there for all our strikers to stake a claim given games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here