Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Hart to Havant and Waterlooville

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
How many matches?

seeing as i am a student and have nothing better to do, i can tell you he started right back against:

plymouth
leeds
sheff utd
coventry
cardiff
palace
sheff wed
ipswich
wolves
stoke
palace
derby
watford
reading
watford
ipswich
sheff wed

he also played left back against hull at home

he therefore totalled 18 starts in defence, out of 31 over the course of the season :)

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
he also played left back against hull at home

McGhee's problem summed up on a sentence

To be fair..... Dean Wilkins was quoted saying that Brighton were keen to produce players that could multitask (roughly) and that was a crucial part of the succesful youth team. Flexible players, eh what?

summer

Apr 11, 2007
dont worry i will be back to fight again for a place after christmas so thanks for your support every one............need to play some games,,,, :albion2::albion2::albion2::bigwave::bigwave::albion2::albion2::ascarf:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
To be fair..... Dean Wilkins was quoted saying that Brighton were keen to produce players that could multitask (roughly) and that was a crucial part of the succesful youth team. Flexible players, eh what?

true - but it is easier to teach things to younger people, so getting a youth team player who is just starting on his career to play in a variety of positions is likely to be far easier than attempting to get a player in his late twenties who has played his entrie career as a forward player to play in defence

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
true - but it is easier to teach things to younger people, so getting a youth team player who is just starting on his career to play in a variety of positions is likely to be far easier than attempting to get a player in his late twenties who has played his entrie career as a forward player to play in defence

Very true, Mr Mac. I should really have referred to the 'youngsters'. I am heading to the Notts Forest game tomorrow. Will you and your entourage be in attendance. I would be delighted to meet the crocs. They were at the Summer tourney, but I didn't realise! Thanks for the 'No Boundaries £120' by the way. :clap:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Very true, Mr Mac. I should really have referred to the 'youngsters'. I am heading to the Notts Forest game tomorrow. Will you and your entourage be in attendance. I would be delighted to meet the crocs. They were at the Summer tourney, but I didn't realise! Thanks for the 'No Boundaries £120' by the way. :clap:

i wont be im afraid, as driving back from cheltenham to brighton through the m25 on a friday isnt really that tempting! im sure the others will be though - can guarantee my place at the gillingham game though if you will be in attendance :thumbsup:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Great at last we are clearing out the dead wood.Mayo to follow asap and other players that just are not good enough for this level any more

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf

Very true.

Glad to read your post, summer!!

dont worry i will be back to fight again for a place after christmas so thanks for your support every one............need to play some games,,,, :albion2::albion2::albion2::bigwave::bigwave::albion2::albion2::ascarf:

Great stuff. Would love to see you (if this is indeed OGH) come on in a play-off match to turn the tide in our favour just like you did against Swindon. That would be AWESOME. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You're a f***ing legend. I remember on my stag weekend almost a decade ago - we'd been SHITE for years and then you joined and were scoring for fun. I had my entire 29 strong entourage singing OGH songs in the Nottingham night club that weekend all night after you netted yet again against SHREWSBURY. :D

One more thing, please tell me this post from July was a wind up: I've always wondered...

http://85.234.132.19/showthread.php?t=108699

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Yes, but to EVERYONE who doesn't worship everything about McGhee, it is CLEARLY obvious that it was a dig at McGhee. Blatant

I feel suitably slapped down. Of course I forgot that in the eyes of some that MM could do nothing right and that Wilkins can do no wrong.
I must remember that in future.

No, Simster I don't think it is a wind up or maybe it is.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Whilst maybe Harty doesn't fit into Wilkins' plan now I would have thought at his age he could still do a good job either with another side in this league or certainly a League Two team. We got rid of Nathan Jones thinking he was past his sell by date but he still gets a regular slot at Yeovil as does McCammon at Donny who I thought was an utter donkey. He's been a great servant to this club and I would like to think he can play professionally for a good few years yet.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

Oh I totally agree, BOF, flexibility is crucial to a club with limited resources like ourselves. However, expecting a centre forward/right winger to play right back is pushing it. Expecting him to play left back is delusional.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here