dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
So it's not a fact then?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
For a side thats looking for experience, I'm suprised someone as experienced and versitle as OGH isn't being picked. I'd have him ahead of Frutos.

Jimbo26

Jan 25, 2007
Portslade Old Village
Indeed it is a shame. One of the most honest and hard working players the Albion has ever had. Does Wilkins have a problem with him or what ?. He still has a lot to offer IMHO !!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Biskuit von Kekse said:
For a side thats looking for experience, I'm suprised someone as experienced and versitle as OGH isn't being picked.

Ditto.

Yes, but if the rumours about him getting an automatic contract are true then I can understand Wilkins not playing him. He has hardly been a fixture in the side this season, and I don't remember many of you fickle ****s calling for him to be in the team when we've won games without him. It makes sense not to play him. Wilkins knows what he can do so it gives him and the club a chance to renegotiate his contract for next year without being held to ransom.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
Yes, but if the rumours about him getting an automatic contract are true then I can understand Wilkins not playing him. He has hardly been a fixture in the side this season, and I don't remember many of you fickle ****s calling for him to be in the team when we've won games without him. It makes sense not to play him. Wilkins knows what he can do so it gives him and the club a chance to renegotiate his contract for next year without being held to ransom.

Agreed.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Automatic contract? WTF?! :angry: :censored:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
B.W. said:
Automatic contract? WTF?! :angry: :censored:

Its fairly common for a player to have a clause in their contract, whereby if they play a certain number of games in a season, they are automatically entitled to a further year, on specific terms.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
He seems to have done something to upset wilkins. even though he had a poor season a couple of years ago, he has looked good whenever he has played this season.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
an observation - doesn't seem to be the most popular player in the squad

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
hans kraay fan club said:
Its fairly common for a player to have a clause in their contract, whereby if they play a certain number of games in a season, they are automatically entitled to a further year, on specific terms.
and he isnt the only one

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If OGH is offered a one year contract at the end of the season will this take him into his testimonial year ?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
hans kraay fan club said:
But Gary Hart has made sixteen starts and five sub appearances in the league, 1 start 1 sub in the cup.

17, 22, 23, 24 games doesn't seem a likely amount to get an automatic new contract??

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
If there is the automatic stipulation of a new contract if a certain amount of games are played it seems like an odd thing to do. I'm not saying it isn't there just that the club could end up offering a contract to a player just because there were a lot of injuries that year and they had to play or a player could end up in Hart's position whereby he is not played because of such a clause.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here