Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Doherty

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In actual fact he wasnt that exceptional against us other than getting on the end of along cross that Elphick, I think it was or possibly El Abd, and Kuipers f....d up between them.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
We can't go on a title-run with those two tender souls at the back. I'd have the Doh there. Not perfect, but incredibly strong and should have enough experience to not be caught out of position very often, as the current two can sometimes be. With a sure-footed back 4, then we wouldn't have to play a 4-5-1 and could even launch a Barca or Arsenal 4-3-3 attack-minded formation to maraud the division with.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
All the top sides this season had an experienced, big strong centre half... Norwich (doherty), Leeds (Naylor), Charlton (daily), Swindon (Greer) etc etc, surely tells you something.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
I take a the term butters esque to mean experienced but also positionally good as well as strong in the air. Doherty is better than people are giving him credit for and won't struggle to find a good club.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I take a the term butters esque to mean experienced but also positionally good as well as strong in the air. Doherty is better than people are giving him credit for and won't struggle to find a good club.
That was what I was getting at. An experienced player to act as a role model for our relatively inexperienced current CBs.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Id be delighted if we got him to be honest.

Money will clearly be the issue, expect Southampton and Charlton to make a move for him...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Id be delighted if we got him to be honest.

Money will clearly be the issue, expect Southampton and Charlton to make a move for him...
Charlton are potless. Southampton might do I suppose as Pardew will need at least 34 centre backs to ensure promotion.

Lets be honest, he sounds like he'd be an ideal signing. A modern day Simon Morgan, if you will.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
He looks about 50.

Gary%20Doherty_633584549708750000.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here