Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Dicker

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
I agree... IMO he has been one of our best players for the past two seasons and it is interesting that our slump in form last autumn coincided with his injury... would love to see him link with Bridcutt and Radzak in the middle with Buckley or Noone alongside

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
A long way down the pecking order now, won't even get near the bench, good league 1 player, far too slow for top end of championship.

Wait and see. I bet the majority of us thought that about Navarro before his return to the side, no?

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
A long way down the pecking order now, won't even get near the bench, good league 1 player, far too slow for top end of championship.

????????????????????????????? are you mad

Lush

Mods' Pet
I still think it's a shame that Sparrow can't get anywhere near the squad. Perhaps lacking a little in creativity but a decent eye for goal. Could he play a Barnes type role if Barnes gets injured/suspended?

D

Deleted User X18H

You are way way way off the mark. The way Gus spoke this morning about him I'd expect back in the centre of the park very soon but not until Derby we are told.trained for a week now.

the_fishbro

Mar 7, 2012
As much as we have to be thankful for what Gary has done for us, I think we've moved on since his injury. I don't really seeing contributing in a significant way

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Just looked back at our games earlier in the season after making my last comment on this thread.... CMS was scoring freely with Dicker in the side. As soon as Dicker was injured CMS's goals dried up. Will be very good if it all clicks when Dicker returns.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Don't think he will get anywhere near the first 11 - way down the pecking order, too slow and a good L1 player IMO

As much as we have to be thankful for what Gary has done for us, I think we've moved on since his injury. I don't really seeing contributing in a significant way

Again, EXACTLY what people were saying about Navarro before he returned.

I did think he would come in for Navarro (although it's not a straight swap - remember when in the Slade days when the cognoscenti in the crowd used to go mad that Navs was playing ahead of Dicker - when it shouldn't have been either/or). But who knows now?

Some of Navarro's passing has been top draw recently, and his overall play has stiffened our midfield.

But I do beleive that Dicker's defensive abilities are far better than many people give him credit for. We all know there have been a few occasions when he has lost the ball deep in midfield but no more then say Bridcutt or Navarro, and most of the back four have at one time or another played a suicidal looking ball across the back.

His game isn't about pace, but speed of thought, good positioning and an eye and ability for the pass.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Dicker is good at taking corners (less bad the others), but my criticism is that he is very right footed which makes it easier for the opponent. He is not fast enough to get away with it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
When Dicker is fit, I'm pretty certain he'll figure in most squads. Before the injury he was ahead of Harley, Sparrow, Vincelot and Navarro - I'd imagine that once he proves his fitness, he still will be.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Still has plenty to offer us. Has an instinct for a forward pass that some of our other midfielders lack, he can pick out passes that those in the crowd can't even spot, and is great at bringing wingers into play. We're wiser in possession of the ball now, and with our defensive shape, so I don't think his lack of pace/immobility would be so much of an issue. Looking forward to having back in the squad.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
i like Dicker a lot, always have and he brings a lot to the team that people who ball watch (which is 90% of fans) miss. Whatever happens, having a fit Dicker means a stronger squad / bench. good to see you back mate.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Don't think he will get anywhere near the first 11 - way down the pecking order, too slow and a good L1 player IMO

I think Dicker has always looked a bit slow, both running and with his decision making. His passing is great but his dwelling on the ball lets him down. He might make the bench, but we have others better now both in the starting 11 and on the bench

When Dicker is fit, I'm pretty certain he'll figure in most squads. Before the injury he was ahead of Harley, Sparrow, Vincelot and Navarro - I'd imagine that once he proves his fitness, he still will be.

*ahem*

Dicker is close to a return for Albion From The Argus)

Poyet.."...if Gary is fit he is going to be back very soon.”"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here