Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Dicker

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Dicker is class and will be back in the side when fitness allows, no question. Navarro is in the team because of the injury to Dicker, when the main man is back it will mean the end for Navarro. If we're serious about the Premier League, and I suspect we are, Navarro won't be here next season. Nothing against him at all, he's just not good enough technically at this level.

I know that opinion won't be popular because Navarro, and the team, have done well with him in the side and I don't dispute that, it's fact. But he's a man doing a job, like Andrew Whing that season he won player of the season. Determined, hard working and a damned good team player but lacking the quality to remain in our ambitious team. I have nothing against Navarro at all, I just don't think as an individual, he is Championship quality.

I tapped to talk.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Another player people don't really seem to appreciate, he is a creative Irish machine! :bowdown: Will be good to see him back!

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Gus really rates him so he will back in the squad & challenging for place in the starting line up.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Dicker is class and will be back in the side when fitness allows, no question. Navarro is in the team because of the injury to Dicker, when the main man is back it will mean the end for Navarro. If we're serious about the Premier League, and I suspect we are, Navarro won't be here next season. Nothing against him at all, he's just not good enough technically at this level.

I know that opinion won't be popular because Navarro, and the team, have done well with him in the side and I don't dispute that, it's fact. But he's a man doing a job, like Andrew Whing that season he won player of the season. Determined, hard working and a damned good team player but lacking the quality to remain in our ambitious team. I have nothing against Navarro at all, I just don't think as an individual, he is Championship quality.

I tapped to talk.

Understand your points but Gus said "Navs is the most football-intelligent player in the squad". That's a squad including VICENTE. I don't think Navs is going anywhere just yet.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I feel sorry for Barnes. Dicker is one of those players who when he misplaces a pass or loses possession, fans around me exclaim "FFS Barnes!", and no, it's not done in jest. They just seem to not pay attention. Though, I guess on reflection, with Barnes being blamed for Navarro's mistakes and Mattock's mistakes and Sparrow's mistakes and Vokes mstakes, perhaps Dicker hasn't really been missed in that sense.

Dicker seems to be one of those players that no one notices what he does, and is under appreciated by the fans. Last season his average match rating was lower than Barnes and Brezovan - two players who weren't exactly fan favourites.

Personally, I look forward to him coming back. He isn't the glamour player, rarely doing the sort of thing to make him stand out, but he does provide a strength in midfield, is often good in possession, and good at linking play, picking out passes. I think his set pieces are overrated, though. The number of times he fails to beat the first man seems to be too high. (Though, the same can be said of most of our players, it feels).

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Gus really rates him so he will back in the squad & challenging for place in the starting line up.

This. People saying that he won't be in the team/squad forget that earlier this season Gus was lauding him as the hub of the team. He's very much a Gus player and will certainly feature strongly again.

Jeez, we're going to have a good squad for the run-in.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Understand your points but Gus said "Navs is the most football-intelligent player in the squad". That's a squad including VICENTE. I don't think Navs is going anywhere just yet.

I find Navarro fairly difficult to judge. Personally, I don't think he is uo to this level of football. But with him in the team this year, we are unbeaten. He does add something to the team, it's not possible to argue he doesn't. But I do think Dicker gets more out of Bridcutt, and the way we started the season I think the team is better with Dicker in it.

I tapped to talk.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
He's not in the team for his goals though, he's in it for his passing ability.
You let me know when he starts passing the ball through to the strikers,trust me he isn't good enough end of.

If he somehow manages to succeed i will eat my humble pie.Its not goner happen and to be fair he was very very average before his injury.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have been a critic of Dickers in the past but it is a case of not appreciating what you have until you lose it and that is the case with Dicker, He will be back very soon and we need him for the run in.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
You let me know when he starts passing the ball through to the strikers,trust me he isn't good enough end of.

If he somehow manages to succeed i will eat my humble pie.Its not goner happen and to be fair he was very very average before his injury.

His abilities are obviously something which wasted on fans like yourselves. His vision and speed of thought are the best at the club (except probably Vicente). Gus has said it himself on countless occasions how important he is to the system that we play and when he does come back, he will slot straight back in and just watch him for a half and see how he contributes to us playing the way we do. He is absolutely class

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here