Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gareth Southgate says footballers should be offered vaccine soon

Should footballers be offered the vaccine soon?

• Yes jab them quick

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 129 86.6%

• Total voters

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Completely out of touch and in the middle of a vaccine shortage too.

What a complete and utter grade A gold plated self entitled non self aware plank of a moron.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Southgate was tipped off that the vaccine may straighten out Mings' left foot so he doesn't hoof the ball out of play every 2 minutes. He doesn't want to go public about it so he has to lobby in general terms for all footballers in the hope that Mings will be first in the queue.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Footballers are amongst the fittest, least vulnerable, pampered people in the world and they live in a bubble all their own, able to cuddle when they score without any real risk. Exposure utterly minimised apart from the widely publicised exploits of an irresponsible few who do as they please. Surely nobody apart from an out of touch football coach would even consider putting the idea out there.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Vaccinate the entertainers, FFS!

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Southgate was tipped off that the vaccine may straighten out Mings' left foot so he doesn't hoof the ball out of play every 2 minutes. He doesn't want to go public about it so he has to lobby in general terms for all footballers in the hope that Mings will be first in the queue.

Mings would be too busy pointing out all the vaccination cubicles to everyone else in the queue he would miss his own jab.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Manager advocates for the safety of people working under him. Has he no shame?

Had they made a split between people who can do their job from home and those that can't then footballers should have been given priority over people who can work from home for getting the vaccine. Although as they haven't they are in with the rest of us.

Yes and unfortunately there are many many hundreds of thousands of people ahead of the queue in that respect.

People who work in supermarkets for instance.

The idea that privately buying vaccines saves the NHS money is the same utter nonsense Sean Dyche came out with.

No-one has forced the football industry to continue and no-one is forcing them to play internationals.

Gareth Southgate is a plank, who should return to Plankland and keep his mouth shut.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
The idea that privately buying vaccines saves the NHS money is the same utter nonsense Sean Dyche came out with.

Advocating the private purchase and distribution of vaccines would be the start of a worrying slippery slope. I’m rather liking that Lord and Lady Poshington have to register an NHS number and queue up with the rest of us.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est retiré.
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
vaccine.jpg

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I can’t remember the last time I ‘liked’ an England manager, probably Venables, maybe Hoddle before he went mad.
I disliked Sven because I thought he was a fraud and belittled the England cap, started the slide.
Hodgson was just hopelessly out of his depth, the rest full on meh.
However Southgate is taking this to a new level. He is basically a marketing manager, he has achieved absolutely zero in club management to have got the top job, not his ‘fault’ but feck me he is an utter dullard. Eddie Howe is more qualified to be England manager than this chancer.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I absolutely despise this palace clown.

How do we always end up with such uninspiring rancid managers, but mugs will say we made the semis of a World Cup and he wears a waistcoat!

Even suggesting this idea is utter, and total lunacy and I can’t believe it would go through any normal human beings head, which is why it’s gone through this giant turds head.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
So so out of touch......

Professional PL footballer during pandemic = top salary + fancy car + lavish life style.....
Typical NHS worker during pandemic = average wage + number 10 bus + average life style......

What a :tosser: GS is.....

This..

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I’ve thought for a while all teachers and pro athletes should get priority. Sports and particularly football has entertained millions and helped mental health. I don’t see any issue with that - it’s not that many people in the grand scheme of it. But each to their own on this one.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I can’t remember the last time I ‘liked’ an England manager, probably Venables, maybe Hoddle before he went mad.
I disliked Sven because I thought he was a fraud and belittled the England cap, started the slide.
Hodgson was just hopelessly out of his depth, the rest full on meh.
However Southgate is taking this to a new level. He is basically a marketing manager, he has achieved absolutely zero in club management to have got the top job, not his ‘fault’ but feck me he is an utter dullard. Eddie Howe is more qualified to be England manager than this chancer.

Who would take the job after Southgate though?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here