Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gannon seen with Knight today in Hove

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
maybe and it is a big maybe(and assuming that it was DK and Gannon) they might have been discussing Gannon and Slade working together and ditching the middle and lower management.
just a thought.

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
Do you really think Knight's STUPID enough to have a 'If you manage to relegate us this weekend I'll give you a job' chat?

I do hope not.

westsussexseagulls

Sep 22, 2008
I have always thought that Gannon would come in in the summer as manager. As much as Slade has done well, it dioesnt mean he will be a better manager long term ,and like another poster mentioned, he may not even want the job or there may have been a pre agreement that Gannon would take over.

I think Slade has done well of course, but some of the praise is a little over the top to say the least, he didnt start very well and if we do stay up will only be just.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I think Slade has done well of course, but some of the praise is a little over the top to say the least, he didnt start very well and if we do stay up will only be just.

what? he inherited a team that MA left in tatters so it was always going to take time to put right, now we're (or were) joint TOP of the Form League proving he's done a fantastic job and deserves all the praise he gets should we avoid the drop on Saturday!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I have always thought that Gannon would come in in the summer as manager. As much as Slade has done well, it dioesnt mean he will be a better manager long term ,and like another poster mentioned, he may not even want the job or there may have been a pre agreement that Gannon would take over.

:wozza:

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Can I just say, without reading the majority of this thread, that if Gannon was brought it to replace Slade, who still wanted the job, then I would lose all faith in the board.

Slade has done superbly well to turn us around in the last month and deserves a chance next season.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester

ONLY JUST!!!! A month ago we was 8 points from safety, ill take only just....its far better than relegation. You cant turn the shit around that Adams produced overnight.
It is a good point though that he may actually not want to stay past the end of the season, id be surprised if he didnt though.
Just as a point though....whre did all this start from that DK is maybe going to give the job to Gannon in the summer???

westsussexseagulls

Sep 22, 2008
what? he inherited a team that MA left in tatters so it was always going to take time to put right, now we're (or were) joint TOP of the Form League proving he's done a fantastic job and deserves all the praise he gets should we avoid the drop on Saturday!

We are top of the form leage now for the last 6 games but what about his record since he started?

Anyway I did say he has done well so lets keep this in perspective but sometimes certain managers are built for certain situations. Slade was bought in as he has knowledge about this divsion and was definitely a good appointment after the mess we were left in. However for me we have a squad that should be pushing for the play offs and from what I hear of Gannon he is a modern day, young bright manager and his particular style maybe better suited to a team going for pormotion.

Of course I could be tiotally worng and yes it would be harsh on Slade but football is quite a ruthless business nowadays is it not?! to hear comments such as I wouldnt go again etc is the bit i do not agree with!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Can I just say, without reading the majority of this thread, that if Gannon was brought it to replace Slade, who still wanted the job, then I would lose all faith in the board.

Slade has done superbly well to turn us around in the last month and deserves a chance next season.

I hate it when people say this but.... Is the correct answer!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Totally agree.

westsussexseagulls

Sep 22, 2008
If Slade DOES want to stay but DK gets rid of him for anyone let alone Gannon ill be very pissed off......surely he wont piss around with managers for a second summer running!!!

This is probably why that wont happen but I bety you Gannon was and stilli s DK's first choice, his natural instict if you like. but yes we know what happened last time so he is on thin ice in that respect!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
If this meet did happen yesterday, then why was Whingy in attendance? I do hope I'm totally wrong here - but maybe Dicker & young Andy are effectively gonna swap clubs in the summer? There's been talk of him (Whingy) pining for a return to his native Midlands, & Stockport is half the distance from Brum that Brighton (& Hove) is. Consequently, if he lived somewhere mid-way between the 2: he'd be about 40 miles away from either..

Regency Gull

Jul 14, 2003
Shoreham by Sea
I don't know about the meeting but I do know that Slade has/is buying a flat on the seafront, loves it here and thinks the fans are great. It is the biggest club he has ever worked at - in his opinion - he thinks it fantastically well set up and recourced and has huge potential.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
If this meet did happen yesterday, then why was Whingy in attendance? I do hope I'm totally wrong here - but maybe Dicker & young Andy are effectively gonna swap clubs in the summer? There's been talk of him (Whingy) pining for a return to his native Midlands, & Stockport is half the distance from Brum that Brighton (& Hove) is. Consequently, if he lived somewhere mid-way between the 2: he'd be about 40 miles away from either..

Yeah, but give Whingy a Summer in Brighton and he will NEVER want to go back to poxy Birmingham.

Not even Aston, TT!.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Yeah, but give Whingy a Summer in Brighton and he will NEVER want to go back to poxy Birmingham.

Not even Aston, TT!.

You know that; I certainly know that (!!); but does HE know that??!

Maybe we should combine forces in order to sort the poor, confused lad out? I can see it getting a tad 'messy' tbh, but needs must when The Devil speaks of kipper-ties.. :wozza:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here