Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gannon seen with Knight today in Hove

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Rather than Whing and Gannon - could it just have been Whing?

Talking with DK about a new contract?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Maybe a campaign needs to be started to withhold renewal of season tickets until the manager for next season has been announced. If Slade gets stitched up over this in favour of Gannon, then the board need to be made aware of the possible consequences.
I'm more concerned about them using "the great escape" as a way of weaseling out of reducing the prices to be honest.

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
I meant - could your mate have confused the two of them? Hence why someone else said Whing was also there...

Possible but unlikely since whingy who we would all recognise I'd imagine is quite distinctive with his large chin and baldy ginger thatch and not really even a passing resemblance to Gannon. I don't know I'm sure it'll be explained eventually.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Possible but unlikely since whingy who we would all recognise I'd imagine is quite distinctive with his large chin and baldy ginger thatch and not really even a passing resemblance to Gannon. I don't know I'm sure it'll be explained eventually.

when we win 3-0 on saturday:lol:

Colbourne Kid

Sep 19, 2003
I think you will find that the first post that has led to this is very similar to most Sussex Police intelligence - Complete b*&)$"s

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Maybe a campaign needs to be started to withhold renewal of season tickets until the manager for next season has been announced. If Slade gets stitched up over this in favour of Gannon, then the board need to be made aware of the possible consequences.

I think Slade will be the manager next season. We're staying up (trust me) and given the f*** up he made when sacking a chap who got us to 7th I do not think he will want to make the same mistake twice. Not employing someone who has just saved your season would be utterly stupid. As was sacking someone who nearly made the play-offs.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
For what it's worth (probably not much), IF Gannon was meeting DK, it was almost certainly in relation to Dicker. Stockport are in grave financial difficulties, and the possibility of finalising a deal which would go through after the end of the season would no doubt be very useful for Stockport.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Crazy as this may seem, but has Russell Slade come out and stated he would want the Albion managers job next season?

What if he DIDN'T want it and had another job (perhaps Oldham) already lined up?

Perhaps also, Slade took the job on the understanding that Gannon would replace him at the end of the season?

What if Gannon & Slade were going to do the job together next season and one was a replacement for White/Booker?

The point is, none of us know what's going to happen and none of us can confirm that the original post on this thread is true or false.

Lets just concentrate on staying in League 1, which is still not guaranteed, rather than speculating who's going to be our manager next season!
I think the 2nd one down is spot on :)
I feel the agreement had already been made thats why we got a manager in short term.:smokin:

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
See Insider's reply on ask the club.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
So it was Whing and his agent - not Gannon.

Even so, I am sure all contract talks were on hold until the end end of the season. Not the time to be pissing off other out of contract players.

That said we should DEFO be securing Whing.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I think Whing should be made a special case; especially as other clubs are sniffing around.

Saying that though if I was another one of the players I would be a bit miffed after they've said all contract talks are on hold until the end of the season.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Are other clubs sniffing round? Some scout told Brett Mendoza they might be, he put it on here, I emailed a few sports journos I know to ask whether they had heard about it, it appears in a few places, suddenly it is fact.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Slade will be here next year. I am 100% sure of it especially after some of the conversations on Monday night

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It looks like DK was having an informal chat about Whingy's contract renewal with him and his agent. No cards on the table until after Saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here