Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Games you used to play when you was younger

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Crab football at school. Marbles, curby, grand national, knock and run with dog poo in an envelope on fire. And the famous 35 a side in the summer holidays.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I still play What's The Time Mr Wolf? and Grandma's Footsteps frequently.

But then I do work in a nursery.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
It was '44 save all' when I last played it about 7/8 years ago. And we just called British Bulldog, 'Bulldog', used to start every football training session with a game and occasionally on the school field in the summer.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
1. Tin can alley - One person was a seeker and the others ran off and hid. The seeker would have to identify where people were and then shout that out from what ever was the base (usually a lampost) If you were spotted you had to come out and stand by the base. However, if you could get to the base before being seen then you could release everyone.
2. Murder Ball. - Thin old fashioned crash mat at each end of the gym. Two teams and a medicine ball in the middle. You had to get the medicine ball onto the to the other teams mat with almost anything goes. Think the school had played it for years but we only played it a couple of times before it was banned. Not sure whether this was because of the way we played it or just coincided with the advent of H&S!

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
bumper cars

group of players folded their arms and ran into eachother as hard as they could, if you fell over you were out. last one standing wins. awesome game!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
1. Tin can alley - One person was a seeker and the others ran off and hid. The seeker would have to identify where people were and then shout that out from what ever was the base (usually a lampost) If you were spotted you had to come out and stand by the base. However, if you could get to the base before being seen then you could release everyone

I'm sure we called that Pom 123. The lampost was the 'Pom Post' and as the seeker when you spotted someone who was hiding you had to run back to the post and say "Pom Joe Bloggs". That first person found would be the seeker on the next game. However, the trick was that as one of the hiders even if you were spotted by the seeker you could effectively save yourself if you could beat the seeker back to the post where you could Pom yourself home. I seem to recall that last person to be found could not only save themselves but if they ran the race back to the post they could Pom everyone safe thereby condemning the seeker to be seeker again in the next game.

I also vaguely recall a version of tag that was played with a tennis ball and was aptly called 'Stingio'. Instead of simply tagging someone the object was waz a the ball at them as accurately as possible. However, it usually degenerated into a version of Rollerball whereby you simply attempted to hurl the ball with max velocity hence the Stingio. Usually the game ended in tears and/or a punch up.

Off ground tag was just a tag variant usually played in a swing park or wooded area with trees.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Anyone play the classic game of 'coin football'? It involved pushing a coin to the edge of a table in three pushes, flicking it up and catching it, spinning it and locking it between your thumbs before firing into a goal created by your opponent's hands....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here