Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Games you used to play when you was younger

Tux the albion Penguin

Resident Linux User
Sep 2, 2011
STADIO DE LA AMEX
Hopscotch on the pavements and marbles or alleys as we called them in the gutters walking to school.

Love marbles. Used to have tonnes of the things. Don't think you can get them anymore though :/

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Stuck in the mud

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
Wembley was brilliant, used to love that game and at lunch times (in junior school)the whole school used to play a tag sort of game where you had to run from one side of the pitch to the other (about 100 yards). If you got caught you stayed in the middle and tried to catch other people. Great game but I forget what we called it.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Well thanks to bennibenj's Thread It got me thinking about games we used to play In our youth. One of the games we did used to play was 2 team torture. What abut you guys?.

Would be Interested really. Oh another note games we used to play probably don't exist now due to cotton wool nanny state.

So what games did you used to play?

Games you used to play when you WERE younger :)

Kiss chase ahh the memories... and British bulldog...

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
wembley, or "cuppies" sometimes with 30 odd kids - always a few goalhangers..........sometimes cuppy doubles.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Not for "British Bulldog" they didn't. I think it was widely known as that.

I mean when it got banned by the teachers and you had to give it a new name so you were playing a "different game".

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Wembley doubles was always a favourite and headers and vollies anymore than 10 of you always got out of hand though.

Bundles, not really a game for everyone involved but i remember spending my breaks looking for people to bundle a couple would start it and within seconds at least 20-30 boys would be involved. it was pretty much beating eachover up.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I mean when it got banned by the teachers and you had to give it a new name so you were playing a "different game".

Oh ok, maybe. I'm from an age before such namby-pambyness of the state nursemaiding us. When I was at school we even played conkers without protective eyewear, that's just how dangerous and double-'ard we all were.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Red Rover was very different! British Bulldog was lining up on one side of the playground, with a couple of people in the middle who had to tag people. Those who got tagged became taggers until only one was left. Red Rover involved holding hands in a line, and one team had to chant "Red Rover, Red Rover, We want [insert name here] over". They then had to run from their own team, and if they broke through the other team, they remained in their own team. If the receiving team held firm, then the runner joined this team. The force at which the runner ran depended on whether or not they wanted to switch teams or not.

At my school it was one boy to start with who had to just "touch" people running from one end to the other. Then after you had aboout 4 or 5 in the middle, you had to hold onn shouting "Bow-wow-wow i-2-3" to add to the number whilst they tried to escape.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Man Hunt (also known by benders as Pom Pom 123).
Wall ball is brilliant.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Wall Ball , Wembley , Pogs etc..

Tomo1794

Apr 7, 2009
Leighton Buzzard
Join the Crew - could be played bulldog style or around the whole school

Still play variations of cuppies & premiership (single cuppies where everyone has picked a Prem team and told the keeper beforehand, upon scoring you then guess a team and if it belongs to anyone they're out)

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
At Moulscoomb juniors in the 60's we would play Best Faller. You would line up till it was your turn, chose a weapon to be killed with and the charge at the person discharging the said weapon. You would then be judged on the quality of your collapse and death and the winner would have a turn at the weapon. Come to think of it I think this game has been revived in recent years by Ashley Young and Luiz Saurez

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here