Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Games that Albion have been well and truly Robbed ............

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
At home to Walsall a few seasons ago, when they were down to 9 men and despite our putting 60 odd crosses in, we failed to score and they got a break away goal to win 1-0

We really didn't deserve anything from that game. Can't add it to the list of 'muggings' I'm afraid.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
The game at Selhurst finished 2-1

Palace scored in open play 1-0, then converted only one of four penalties, with BHA scoring with their one penalty. Still a record to this day :ohmy:

No,I meant the Pompey game!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Could have sworn there was a recent game against Millwall were we dominated the first half with a hatful of chances but only went in 1-0 up. Half time they made three changes and and scored 3 quick goals. Thought the final score was something like 1-4 but can't find any record of it. Maybe it wasn't Millwall!

That was under mcGhee and over the Xmas period. We had the chance to pull away from the relegation zone against the bottom 2 of Millwall and Luton yet managed to blow it losing both.

Millwall was bad enough but Luton even worse
it was one of Turienzo's only performances but i didn't even know he had been playing until he went off injured and had to walk infront of us.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Anyone remember playing Chelsea at home evening game when we lost 1-0.Beasent had an absolute blinder that night.

Manny

Aug 1, 2010
Reigate, Surrey
My memory of it may be a bit cloudy of it as it was quite a while ago but i seem to remember wondering how the hell we had lost a game at the goldstone against Wolves. We were all over them for 89 minutes of the game. They only seemed to have the ball in our half twice in the game. Unfortunately (if i remember rightly) a certain Steve Bull banged it in the net on both ocassions? 2-0 to Wolves.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Barnsley at home, late 80s I think, second division. We dominated from start to finish, had about 20 shots on target, but their goalkeeper played the game of his life and kept them all out. I can only even remember them being in our half twice, they had one shot all game, and beat us 1-0.

I have a Barnsley programme from a home game of theirs the following season where a player they interview nominates it as the most memorable game of his career to date.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
That was under mcGhee and over the Xmas period. We had the chance to pull away from the relegation zone against the bottom 2 of Millwall and Luton yet managed to blow it losing both.

Millwall was bad enough but Luton even worse
it was one of Turienzo's only performances but i didn't even know he had been playing until he went off injured and had to walk infront of us.

That's a worry, thought it was more recent than that. Was also only 2-1 so not sure where I got the other goals from!!!

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
nigh on (in recent history) EVERY trip to Tranmere :(

In paticular the visit there the season before last (i think). If my memory serves me correctly, we got beat 1-0 and they scored in stoppage time. I think we hit the post aswell and had a decnt penalty shout turned down.

Stockport at home last season. We somehow lost 2-4.

Southend at home last seson aswell!!

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
Orient away last season!

Exactly the first one that sprung to my mind. Don't know about the rest of you, but I personally feel Orient frequently seem to get away with murder against us. Like Tranmere, they're just one of those jammy sides against us.

But also, who could forget that game at Reading in our 01/02 championship year? OGH scored a perfectly good winner in injury time only for it to be inexplicably disallowed for a foul.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Goldstone mid eighties

BHA v. Charlton

3-5

Last knockings of a great game, and we're 3-4 down, attacking the South goal, big goal mouth scramble and it should have been 4-4, only for them to break up the right wing, knock it into the goal mouth and convert!

3-5!

Choker

Domsdad

brother of Patch
Sep 24, 2003
Its grim up north
Definitely the game that comes to mind is the one at Derby that Clapham Gull remembered in the 2nd post of this thread. Around that time it seemed to me that all games in the river Trent area were fixed against us. Stoke and Derby especially always got all decisions, but the Nottingham teams too, and of course Cheaterfield bent as a 13 bob note.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
When we lost 2-1 to Coventry in their last season at Highfield Road, Virgo scored a great goal for us to equalize, after the Ref, had given a penalty to them when NONE of the players appealed or knew the decision.
They then scored in the 93rd minute to win.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
First thread :amex:

Hello,

This is the chance to recall all the game that albion have been comprehensively Mugged.

Like does anybody remember the game against Sheffield Utd at withdean?
Where we were 2-0 nil up at halftime and the ref (from Sheffield) gave them four penalties!!!:tosser:

This also the premium opportunity to have a hate - filled rant at any wrong-doing mentioned, when you previously, at the time never got the opportunity to express yourselves :albion1:

Heres to the ranting/recalling :clap2:

Just the two pens, but it felt like 4!
I remember a game under Barry Lloyd against Rotherham in April 1992/93.
We needed to win to stay in with a chance of making the play offs and having been all over them Kurt Nogan smashed a volley into the North goal on 69 mins. In the last 9 mins they scored twice and ended our season.. felt like daylight robbery.

The next day Southern FM did a 'Save The Albion' fund raising day.. it was during the high court winding up issues that preceded a certain company called Foray 585 *ahem* saving us..................

Castello

Castello
May 28, 2009
Tottenham
1976 Fa cup second replay against Crystal Palace. I cant remember which round.

Palace win 1-0 after Brighton Horton had a perfectly good penalty disallowed for a brighton player encroaching into the box. In reality a palace player ( i seem to remember it was George Graham) pushed a brighton player into the penalty area and the referee disallowed the goal. All hell broke loose, and Horton was distracted when he retook the penalty, Alan Mullery and Terry Venables got into one ...and anger has lasted ever since.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here