Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Games that Albion have been well and truly Robbed ............

bha189

Aug 31, 2010
Just the two pens, but it felt like 4!
I remember a game under Barry Lloyd against Rotherham in April 1992/93.
We needed to win to stay in with a chance of making the play offs and having been all over them Kurt Nogan smashed a volley into the North goal on 69 mins. In the last 9 mins they scored twice and ended our season.. felt like daylight robbery.

The next day Southern FM did a 'Save The Albion' fund raising day.. it was during the high court winding up issues that preceded a certain company called Foray 585 *ahem* saving us..................

Thanks for your correction mate. And everyone who has contributed thus far :bhasign:

Also, remember a game against coventry at the old Highfield rd 0-0 Steve Sidwell had a good game as did the team, but somehow we only came away with a point.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Leeds 3-3 Brighton, September 2005

Left me lost for words when they got an undeserved equaliser inthe 94th minute.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
I remember us absolutely BATTERING the Halifax goal at Priestfield once. They scored right near the start, we then did everything but score for the next 85 minutes and they went home with a 1-0 win.

That was the day that a friend of mine sponsored the match ball. After the game we went into the players' lounge for the presentation. Unbelievably at Priestfield then, the players had to run the bar. So there was the bizarre situation of a group of Brighton fans being served a beer by their hero, Stuart Storer.
And we were robbed in the game.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Walsall away at their old ground,evening game maybe 1989??.Absolutely outplayed them for 90mins and then conceded a penalty.

That's the game I'd have said too. Never seen the Albion dominate a game so much and not win (thought it was a bit later than 89 though). I also remember it being absolutely freezing with an icy wind blowing off the moors, not a good day.

The sheff Utd game was only 2 pens and local MP asked the FA To investiage Prosser as he thought he was cheat as he came from Sheffield ?, also did Prosser do some claim that he had he had racist abuse ?, did not even notice what colour he was ?, Also remember Harty on the phone in almost losing it on air that day.

It was only two pens and I wouldn't have said Albion were robbed, Sheff Utd were probably the better side overall - they battered us in the second half. We were hopping mad at the time but the replays showed that both pen decisions were correct. Prosser's remarks about racism were a disgrace, fortunately nothing game of them, but they left a sour taste.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
That's the game I'd have said too. Never seen the Albion dominate a game so much and not win (thought it was a bit later than 89 though). I also remember it being absolutely freezing with an icy wind blowing off the moors, not a good day.

It was only two pens and I wouldn't have said Albion were robbed, Sheff Utd were probably the better side overall - they battered us in the second half. We were hopping mad at the time but the replays showed that both pen decisions were correct. Prosser's remarks about racism were a disgrace, fortunately nothing game of them, but they left a sour taste.

It might have been a bit later than1989 (its all a bit fuzzy now!)But it was just such a one sided game and we came away in disbelief.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It might have been a bit later than1989 (its all a bit fuzzy now!)But it was just such a one sided game and we came away in disbelief.

You were right, it was February 1989. More than 20 years ago and it will sticks in my mind as absolute robbery.

BASINGSTOKESEAGULL

Jul 26, 2010
Cheltenham 2-1 Brighton a couple of seasons back, we were winning 1-0, but Cheltenham scored twice in the 90+ minute to nick it. Bad memories.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Goldstone mid eighties

BHA v. Charlton

3-5

Last knockings of a great game, and we're 3-4 down, attacking the South goal, big goal mouth scramble and it should have been 4-4, only for them to break up the right wing, knock it into the goal mouth and convert!

3-5!

Choker
Cracking game, that was! To be fair, we had absolutely MUGGED them the previous season at the Valley. We scored after 46 seconds and they spent 89 minutes absolutely battering us without any luck.

I'd say we got mugged at home to Arsenal in 1987. We looked every bit their equal for the whole game, Nelson equalised with an acrobatic volley in the South Stand, then Kevin Bremner screwed a shot wide in front of the North Stand mid-way into the second half from about 6 yards. They nicked it with 15 mins to go when a replay at Highbur looked a certainty. :(

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
1976 Fa cup second replay against Crystal Palace. I cant remember which round.

Palace win 1-0 after Brighton Horton had a perfectly good penalty disallowed for a brighton player encroaching into the box. In reality a palace player ( i seem to remember it was George Graham) pushed a brighton player into the penalty area and the referee disallowed the goal. All hell broke loose, and Horton was distracted when he retook the penalty, Alan Mullery and Terry Venables got into one ...and anger has lasted ever since.

First round but it as a mugging. Mine would be Oxford United away (76-77? I think) Lost 1-0 at the Manor, I think it was their only shot on goal in the whole game.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Preston away. Memory fades but I think it was about 1974/75 ( we had lost 4-0 at home - Bobby Charlton was playing for preston - he was their Player Manager) andyway we played up at Preston and we absolutely mullered them for 80 odd minutes and then let in a soft goal and lost 1-0.

A long trip back

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Cracking game, that was! To be fair, we had absolutely MUGGED them the previous season at the Valley. We scored after 46 seconds and they spent 89 minutes absolutely battering us without any luck.

IIRC, Charlton had Alan Simonsen (sp?), the former European footballer of the year playing for them. It was a good game but, to be fair, I don't recall it as a game that we deserved to win. I do remember that it was pissing down though - one of the many games where I got soaked on the Chicken Run.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Wouldn't say we were robbed in that game,just really poor and lacking in any ideas to break down their defence. They scored just before half time if my memory serves me right.

Exactly. Being robbed is a game where you deserve to win, but don't.

We deserved absolutely nothing out of that game - it was a complete disgrace how poor we were against nine men, as much as Walsall defended well.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
1-0 reverse against Torquay at Withdean. Big Nev rolled back the years and played an absolute blinder. A Bedeau/Williams special set them up for victory and the archaic Southall then proceeded to slow things down to a snail pace.

Revenge was sweet the next season with a 6-2 drubbing. I seem to remember Jimmy Aggrey knocking the red card out of the referees hand before heading to the dressing room for an early bath. Withdean was much better with the players tunnel in the other corner and having the away fans where the family stand is currently situated.

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
First round but it as a mugging. Mine would be Oxford United away (76-77? I think) Lost 1-0 at the Manor, I think it was their only shot on goal in the whole game.

I went to that game too. Was absolutely gutted that we came away with nothing. Also went to Walsall away that season - spent the whole match chanting 7 - 0 and then they went and scored the only goal of the game in the last minute (Alan Buckley penalty if I remember). Our away form that season cost us the championship. Still the Seagulls Specials were great fun.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here