Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Further statement due today? *edit: Online now!*

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Read the statement. It says they deliberated Friday afternoon and most of saturday. They decided he was sacked then. The pending means it hadn't been finalised, not that it hadn't decided he was fired. Therefore he knew he was fired.

The statement absolutely DOESN'T say that.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Read the statement. It says they deliberated Friday afternoon and most of saturday. They decided he was sacked then. The pending means it hadn't been finalised, not that it hadn't decided he was fired. Therefore he knew he was fired.

So it hadnt been finalised and made official do you really think that he deserved to be told about it in the way he has been. Cheers for the last 3 and a half years son!

albionite

May 20, 2009
You have to love these club statements, they pose more questions than giving you answers to what is going on.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The statement absolutely DOESN'T say that.

Now, I agree with Andy about his take on it. I read that that they have confirmed his sacking with that statement. Before that, it was just 'pending', which means, in theory, he was sacked whilst on tv.

I'd be interested to know how you've understood the statement (that's a genuine question, not a sarcastic one as it may read).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It has all become very clear now.

Sunday was about reaching an agreement with Gus before a specific dealine, at which point with no agreement, he'd be fired. He was aware of this possible outcome.

The deadline passed with no agreement, and Gus was informed that his 'pending dismissal' had been carried through.

But he tried to spin his ignorance on TV. I'd mellowed a bit towards him, and thought he looked suitably gutted to be going, whilst on TV, but it looks like it was all an act.

Utter tosser - just go Gus, go.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Always been on the side if the club, but that statement is not helpful. Doesnt clarify anything and seems to support gus

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
The problem with the word 'pending' is that there are two meanings. It can mean imminent (ie the decision was made and was being finalised) or unresolved (ie he may not have been sacked)

Given that they've made this statement you'd have to assume it would be the first one, otherwise they'd only be backing up Poyet's stance

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Had the time been given by Brighton football club on the announcement of Gus sacking would have saved all this sht.

I.E Gus Poyet has been informed [12.PM today] by Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club's internal disciplinary panel that his employment has been terminated with immediate effect.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
:lolol:

NSC at it's very very best.

I don't think there's anywhere else where the word 'pending' could cause so much HOOPLA.

Keep it up!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Can you explain this, how do we know he knew and the neutrals don't?

He is using the same lack of knowledge as you have been over the last week, ie just guessing and filling in the blanks with your overactive imagination.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
You are going to be sacked. Give up your rights to an appeal and in exchange we will give you 6 months pay and agree a 'by mutual consent' statement. We have to have an answer to this by 18.00. If not we will put out a 'dismissed' statement. Until then the dismissal is pending.

Broadly I would estimate that this is close to the truth of it.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Now, I agree with Andy about his take on it. I read that that they have confirmed his sacking with that statement. Before that, it was just 'pending', which means, in theory, he was sacked whilst on tv.

I'd be interested to know how you've understood the statement (that's a genuine question, not a sarcastic one as it may read).

I read it that he knew, pending some unspecified ( to us ) happening or discussion, he would be sacked. The problem with the pending bit is that it could mean a whole host of things - i.e. pending us typing up the official paperwork, pending your response, pending you not saying sorry. It leaves a hole which can be read differently by different people. It might have even meant pending a correct course of action on behalf of Gus he could keep his job.

It doesn't say the opposite either......stop grasping at straws.

My point entirely !!!! If the club can't say something properly it shouldn't say anything.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

I cant be bothered..... do people usually deliberate in front of the people they are abpout to sack. Dont they go away deliberate and then announce the decision... and was that decision announced on Saturday evening. Again, do you know soemthing we dont know or are you perhaps making assumptions with tinted sunglasses?

Seems I can :(

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
No new information that agrees with your agenda, you mean?

It tells your that the panel's deliberations continued throughout the weekend. That is new information.
It tells you that they were in continued contact with Gus and his representative all day Sunday, and had told him the decision. He knew 100% what the decision was, just not when the statement would be released.

My take on this is that Poyet knew he was sacked prior to appearing on MOTD. Someone at the club realized that he was appearing on TV yesterday knowing he was sacked and could possibly anounce this himself (melt down). To prevent this the announcement was made on club web site at 7.14pm. Crass ugly and stupid yes but i see little other option the club had. IMO Poyet knew he was toast 5 weeks ago. Pure speculations ban?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

Mejona I think you misunderstand Andy. Hes saying Gus knew on Saturday night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here