Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Furious with East Coast and Southern

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
17.35 to Kings Cross left Donny 15 mins late because of a door fault and got into London nearly 20 minutes late at about 19.50. Because of this I missed my booked train at Victoria, went to the ticket office and the guy refused to let me on the next train to Eastbourne and made me pay nearly £20 to get back, as apparently the Donny to London section was "a different journey" and not Southerns problem.

Where do I stand on this ? Can I get my £20 back, if I can, who from ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
17.35 to Kings Cross left Donny 15 mins late because of a door fault and got into London nearly 20 minutes late at about 19.50. Because of this I missed my booked train at Victoria, went to the ticket office and the guy refused to let me on the next train to Eastbourne and made me pay nearly £20 to get back, as apparently the Donny to London section was "a different journey" and not Southerns problem.

I do not use trains other than Haywards Heath to Falmer but why couldn't you just go and get on the next train why bother going to the ticket office, don't understand.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I do not use trains other than Haywards Heath to Falmer but why couldn't you just go and get on the next train why bother going to the ticket office, don't understand.

I was using advance tickets which book you onto a certain train only, but I was delayed so wanted to catch the next train with it. Didn't help that there was no Victoria line so it took 5 mins longer

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So what would happen if a Hitler got on the train and wanted to see your ticket what could he do as you have paid for a ticket to travel only take your name and send you a bill for any difference.

Probably as well that I dont use trains because I would have just joined the next train and argued my way out of it if needed.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪

Those cheap online restricted tickets are about £3.30 each way? If you have a network card, for a couple of quid extra, you can get a Travelcard with no restrictions under the current online promotion. Saves panicing if you have a tight connection.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Your problem, you buy a cheap ticket in 2 different parts then you're on your own.

Now that's what I call service !

I love the privatised railways, all the attitude and inflexibility of the public sector with the added cost.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Barriers don't let advance tickets through, so get checked by staff - no way around it. Annoying as 45 minutes was enough time to cross london. Saved £20 using advances, why people use them, 45 minutes should of been enough time to cross London. London to Eastbourne was £6 with advances and I payed £4 for underground, saved a couple of quid there, wish I had a normal return now -_-

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here