Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Funniest shout of abuse you have ever heard from a member of the crowd

kalinx

Jan 11, 2006
Anyone remember at withers few years back, one of the opposition players shouting your f***ing shit ref, and getting sent off for it. As soon as he shouted it, the whole crowd went silent. It was when they were defending one of our set pieces- zamora/watson era if i remember correctly.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Game at Withdean a few years back a guy sitting nearby stood up and yelled in quite an angry tone "This referee is being totally ineffective!".

You probably had to be there but still makes me laugh to this day

That has really made me laugh. Wish I had seen that, what a genius!

Not sure if he still does it but when I had my season ticket in H block there was a guy in the adjoining block, in his 40's, who at least once or twice every match would out of nowhere just stand up and explode in rage at the referee calling him all the names under the sun. It was always so random and angry everyone around would just laugh

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
When the away stand was the family stand and the changing rooms were down there too.Burnley had a player called Paul Weller(whitehawk boy,his family apparently have(had) some shop in worthing).
During the warm up someone in the away crowd shouted out "weller" "weller" and he ran across the track to greets his "fans" the same bloke shouted out "Weller,your f***ing shit" apparently it was his brother.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
during those dark days, away to Scunthorpe a few weeks before the "Hereford" match, about 300 Albion fans behind the goal, long haired Albion fan nicknamed "the goalkeeping coach" marches up and down behind Nicky Rust's goal shouts loudly "don't listen to 'em (Albion fans), I think you'll be good one day!"

:lol: He sounds scary

..Along the lines of "Referee, that was preposterous" heard earlier in the season at Withdean against Yeovil. This after the shoutee (??) had earlier been berated for his language!

Made me smile.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
When at OT with Liverpool, there was this hilarious bloke sat just in front of us, right character, and at one stage he shouted to a United fan "f*** off back to Devon you scruffy twat, with your Devon hair cut."

Just found it so funny.

I tell you what, that legendary Scouse wit never fades, does it?

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
Leeds fans (they were the first I heard) chanting "ITV are ****ing ****" during the broadcast of one of their FA Cup games, leading to about a minute of awkward silence from the commentators.

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
Ages ago at the County Ground we were playing Hampshire and it was one of our first times drinking as a group. We were about to lose, so my friend shouts "f*** OFF you southern *****" completely out of the blue.

"you do know we're southern too right?" was the response.

"shut up"

:drink:

parf

Aug 9, 2006
chard somerset
Away at Torquay in the cup Murray chased a through ball with not much enthusiasm - someone from the crowd shouted "come on Murray put some effort in" to which Murray shouted back "f*** OFF" made me chuckle

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Away at Torquay in the cup Murray chased a through ball with not much enthusiasm - someone from the crowd shouted "come on Murray put some effort in" to which Murray shouted back "f*** OFF" made me chuckle

i think the exact words were "put some effort in murray you ****"

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
That has really made me laugh. Wish I had seen that, what a genius!

Not sure if he still does it but when I had my season ticket in H block there was a guy in the adjoining block, in his 40's, who at least once or twice every match would out of nowhere just stand up and explode in rage at the referee calling him all the names under the sun. It was always so random and angry everyone around would just laugh

I'm pretty sure I remember the same guy. His outbursts were absolutely hilarious, mainly because he would come out with completely bizarre metaphors and would jump up at the most random moments in the game. Saw him at a fair few away days I'm sure he's still around!

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
during those dark days, away to Scunthorpe a few weeks before the "Hereford" match, about 300 Albion fans behind the goal, long haired Albion fan nicknamed "the goalkeeping coach" marches up and down behind Nicky Rust's goal shouts loudly "don't listen to 'em (Albion fans), I think you'll be good one day!"

Ha! Wish I'd heard that - Scunthorpe was one of my most depressing days of supporting the Albion. We'd claw back the points at home, only to screw up away, week on week.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
The classic at the Goldstone, During a minutes silence, one voice shouted " f*** off back to Barnet, Codner." Its not really funny is it? It must just be that it's so unexpected but I remember lots of giggling at the time.

I was stood next to the bloke who shouted that, and did everything i could not to laugh...

At Canvey Island someone near me shouted "This is about your level Wilkins..." and my personal favourite has to be when my mate bided his time for a corner up our end and then screamed "PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAKE (Pause to make sure he heard and looked over) why don't you **** off back to Rochdale you ****"... which to be fair was what most of us in the ground were thinking...

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
A couple of season's ago at Withdean when we were bad - there was an announcement over the tannoy asking the owner of a car reg xxxxxx to move it - it was blocking an exit.

Someone a few rows down respoded "No - you're staying until the end - like the rest of us"

Dad 38

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
some nutter with ginger hair in the east stand always used to shout you f***ing bald **** walker you couldnt beat a f***ing egg

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
A few years ago, Hull City were at Withdean, and were the division's whipping boys. They were under the ownership of David Lloyd, who was making a pig's ear of running the club, including closing Hull's training facilities.

Anyhoo, during the game, Hull had a shot which went way over the bar, at which point someone behind me in Block D shouted, 'that was shit, no wonder they locked you out...'

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Sitting in J block one game, can't remember who the opposition were, but there was a big fat guy at the back of the away end in a white puffa jacket.

Full on chant of

"Who's the snowman at the back?"

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
The day we were relegated at Grimsby, there was a typical fat knob at the back of the home end giving it the bigun', chants of 'you fat bastard' etc etc..

Then someone spotted his son, and everyone started chanting "Son's even fatter! YOur son's even fatter"

Poor lad was only about 10. Bloody funny though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here