Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

funniest Albion chant

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Whats the funniest song you have witnessed us sing over the years .
there has been loads but i always laugh when we do,
[the score] to the batty/Nancy boys .

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
When Ken Bates was being introduced to the Leeds fans as the new club chairman we sang:

"He'll build a hotel, then he'll f*** off, he'll build a hotel, then he'll f*** off!"

There have been far more intelligent and inventive songs, but that was pretty good at the time.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
And we're going down with Cheltenham town for Sussex by the sea. All together now...

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
"What a waste of Honey"

At some opposing team's Goalkeeper who was wearing a yellow and black horizontal striped keepers shirt.

Back in the Gillingham days, still makes me chuckle now.

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
Some cup game v small team at Withdean a few years ago ( cant remember who) we were given the away end for home supporters. They sang "We can see you holding hands" to our own fans. Thats quality.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
This and "We're gay and we're beating you" always good value!

in 1996, under Jimmy Case

The whole North Stand at the Goldstone............................

"We're shit..............................., and we're beating you" (V Darlington probably, we didn't lead in matches then very often!)

"We are here and we're still shit" as a riposte to the "Where were you when you were shit" chant

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
"What a waste of Honey"

At some opposing team's Goalkeeper who was wearing a yellow and black horizontal striped keepers shirt.

Back in the Gillingham days, still makes me chuckle now.

Ah yes.

Goal kicks were greeted with a "Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, You're Shit, Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!"

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
"You dirty northern bastards", to Bournemouth. Just one of those senseless ones that make me smile.

Pretty sure that we sang that to Crawley when we played them in the FA Cup all those years ago!

Albion Rob

During a 0-0 draw against promotion-chasing Huddersfield in about 1995, one of their defenders got injured somehwere near the North East terrace.

Nothing too unusual here until you consult the matchday programme and realise that this guy has got absolutely enormous ears.

As he's hobbling round the pitch the North Stand strikes up: "Bye bye Big Ears, by by, Big Ears, bye bye Big Ears, bye bye." etc.

As I recall, instead of hobbling past the North Stand he went all the way round past the South Stand before squeezing his giant ears down the West Stand tunnel.

Oct 28, 2011
When i was young & had no sense i bought a flute for 50 pence

the only song that i could play was f*** the pope we're the nsk!!!

En-en-en ess kkaaayyyy

Johnnyboy

Sep 25, 2010
North Hampshire
I think it was away against exeter last year. They had a hold hands for charity event in the crowd and we sung 'we can see you holding hands!'

And we won!

nawtygully

Aug 6, 2010
northampton away couple of seasons ago cold january night they had a massive lump hubertz i think.. who,s that coming over the hill .. is it a monster came the cry.. was really funny at he time!

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
The "Drinking pints of whiskey" song was one of the best, especially when we played Spurs in the cup. Even the pundits in the tv studio had a laugh at that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here