Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fulham vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
You miss my point, you criticise but offer nothing. If you did I wouldn’t have so much of an issue. So hears your chance. Who would you want and why? What would they bring?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As I have just said that is TB, PB and DA decision not mine. I cam only comment on what I see at the moment. I’m sorry you have issues. Maybe just accept some have different opinions to yours! :thumbsup:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Cant agree with that as we create plenty of chances so it must be down to the players. Trossard, AJ , Maupay to name a few that just arent good enough at this level. Not sure how that equates to something wrong at the club apart from not having enough good players

Trossard who has just broken in to the number 1 ranked team in world football isn't good enough for Brighton?

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
As I have just said that is TB, PB and DA decision not mine. I cam only comment on what I see at the moment. I’m sorry you have issues. Maybe just accept some have different opinions to yours! :thumbsup:

A bit piss poor criticising but not offering anything up, but each to his own. Fill your boots.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Do you really think we would have this side? 5 or 6 will leave and what’s make you think Potter will be any good down in the Championship?

No I don't, I think we would almost certainly lose a few players, but I think his style of football would be very well suited to the championship. You get more time on the ball and a lot more space, I think we'd do well. That said, I hope we don't end up going down. We have the capability of being a very decent side, we just need to start putting away our chances.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Sanchez looked good between the sticks, but his distribution was definitely not as good as Maty - probably worth the trade, but its close.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Trossard who has just broken in to the number 1 ranked team in world football isn't good enough for Brighton?

The emperor’s new clothes of a player didn’t look interested again tonight, everything’s there except the application.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Not sure I agree with the pace thing. The Craven Cottage pitch was small and crowded which means good technicians like Gross and AJ could have been more influential than raw pace as there was little empty space to run into. The lack of space is partly why Lamptey was not tearing them a new one constantly. I can see the logic of Gross and AJ subs.

we were hitting long balls into space and neither LLana, Wellback or Trossard could move quick enough to get there, all a matter of opinions...

boik

As always, things are never as good as some people think or has bad as others think. We have taken 5 points from the last 5 games which includes 3 of the current top 4. For as long as I can remember we have always struggled against teams at the bottom and yet people still expect 3 points. Until we find a clinical striker we will struggle whoever the manager is. But in general the team is pretty decent and the manager is doing ok.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Code:

Watching a different game to me then, more range on his kicking and not many if any went out of play

Totally agree. At least he didn’t spend time dithering about with it. If players were free around him he gave it straight away and tried to set us off with the long ball if they weren’t. Think that will suit Connelly who has the pace to get behind the centre halves. The forwards were too slow last night but still think he started with the right team. The defence also looked more assured and trusted the keeper not to sell them down the river. Dunk in particular looked back to himself and White played with Sanchez in the under 21’s so knows his strengths well. If he can keep his form can’t see Matt getting back in any time soon. Having said that he will probably be back in for the next game. 😀

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Since Hughton left and considering the money we've spent, are we any better?

We're, erm........different.....

CH had a polished turd of a squad to work with, GP got this unpolished diamond still mostly looking like a rock squad to work with. It is what it is, but I'd say the rock got a lot more potential in the long run than the turd. For now, survival is what matters and it wouldnt be any different with any other manager. Some people seriously overrate the current ability of the boys GP is working with.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
CH had a polished turd of a squad to work with, GP got this unpolished diamond still mostly looking like a rock squad to work with. It is what it is, but I'd say the rock got a lot more potential in the long run than the turd. For now, survival is what matters and it wouldnt be any different with any other manager. Some people seriously overrate the current ability of the boys GP is working with.

Bearing in mind the ages of some of our 'unpolished diamond' of a squad, how long are we looking before the flawless gem appears?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here