Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fulham vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I agree with many of your posts after a shite performance eg LCFC, but I can’t agree tonight.

We bossed a cocky Fulham team of a bunch of recently acquired ‘names’ who thought they were world beaters after their Leicester and Liverpool results. Potter, for his recent failings, expertly nullified their game of power, pace and relentless harrying. Upfront March and Lallana created. At last we were a threat at set pieces. Sanchez appears to be the keeper we’ve needed for ages.

Just that old chestnut now of strikers who don’t stay onside or score.

Sorry, just don’t think he is good enough. You can be unlucky in a few games but his stats from January onwards are ridiculously poor. When was the last time we won a game like tonight’s (against the teams around us). I actually think we have a decent squad.
I understand a lot don’t share my views but the lack of wins (especially at home) will see us in the bottom 3!!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Sorry it does not work like that, we simply are not clinical enough, hence our wretched form continues.

Ok we played better tonight, but honestly what the feck do we bring to the premier league ?

We are stinking it out currently, I really hope we win on Sunday....

Otherwise it’s gonna be a shite Christmas....

Yep. You buy your own luck. No team has ever found themselves on 11 points from 13 games because of bad luck. We're extremely tedious to watch imo at the moment.

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Screenshot_20201216-223123_Chrome.jpg

The last scorer for Fulham!
One for [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] avatar, isn't that a cousin of Ned Flanders???

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sorry, just don’t think he is good enough. You can be unlucky in a few games but his stats from January onwards are ridiculously poor. When was the last time we won a game like tonight’s (against the teams around us). I actually think we have a decent squad.
I understand a lot don’t share my views but the lack of wins (especially at home) will see us in the bottom 3!!

I’m not lauding Potter per se, just praising that set up, team selection and most player performances. Fulham under the radar almost entirely changed their first team in October, they now have a load of top flight experience and quality, Khan must’ve pushed the boat out on big wages .... doing a Palace. It’s shown, they’re cocky now in their performances. Tonight that came to a shuddering halt, Potter and the players outsmarted Parker.

Potter absolutely must not now drop form players, stop the titting around, Sanchez keeps his place.

Our squad’s decent but thin in quality. Lallana and Lamptey injuries hit us, we have a plethora of misfiring strikers. That’s the fault of the club after 7 transfer windows, I wouldn’t put that at Potter’s door .....he does not set any budgets.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
If we have a decent manager we would be cruising and in the top 10 and finally be able to laugh at the scum up the road. But we have a manager that’s too nice and doesn’t inspire any killer instinct and gives every team a hand job before every game. They are a good team need to be respected blah blah.

He hasn’t got an answer to our obvious failings ie can’t score and defend set pieces plus can’t inspire us to kick on a finish teams off.

Doubtless we have had unreal bad luck but even with shit luck we should be cruising rather than yet again spending the season fighting to stay up.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
The bloke can’t win football matches. Just look at his record? How long is it unfortunate that we don’t score? Of course the other managers talk well of him, he gift wraps points for them!

He current record deserves criticism.

I have not problem with criticism but I like it constructive. So what’s you solution both short term and long term. Oh ... and changing the manager is not a strategy unless you can identify both a replacement and a way forward.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Fulham are dog turd have been since day 1 this season and we are celebrating a point like we have won promotion, just garbage beat Sheff Utd next game otherwise it’s curtains, 6 points behind Newcastle and they have a game in hand. Arsenal are not staying near the bottom all season.

Half right, they definitely were shite at the beginning of the season, but have recruited well and really sorted their defense out.
Their recent run includes beating Leicester away, drawing with Liverpool and they really should have taken a point from West Ham if it wasn't for lookman's gaffe.

They aren't a great team, no. But pretending they are a walkover still, is incorrect.

Personally I'm happy with a clean sheet and a keeper who has saved us the point.
This is a step in the right direction.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I have not problem with criticism but I like it constructive. So what’s you solution both short term and long term. Oh ... and changing the manager is not a strategy unless you can identify both a replacement and a way forward.

Anyone with his stats deserves criticism. As to the solution, I’m sure TB, PB and DA will have a list of managers to talk to if they decide Potter is failing. I fully expect Potter stay and think he will take us down if he stays in charge but it’s not up to me. I didn’t think TB would sack Hughton but he did so who knows.

Believe it or not I do praise us when we do well but the performances have generally been poor for nearly a calendar year! That’s not all bad luck. I hope he turns it around and completely proves me wrong but I have my doubts.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
The team are not playing for him. There is something very wrong inside the club. The players we have at this club are good enough to get to mid table but unfortunately there is no no self belief in the team. The best that we can hope for on Saturday is another draw! He is 2 or 3 levels above his ability!

Cant agree with that as we create plenty of chances so it must be down to the players. Trossard, AJ , Maupay to name a few that just arent good enough at this level. Not sure how that equates to something wrong at the club apart from not having enough good players

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Anyone with his stats deserves criticism. As to the solution, I’m sure TB, PB and DA will have a list of managers to talk to if they decide Potter is failing. I fully expect Potter stay and think he will take us down if he stays in charge but it’s not up to me. I didn’t think TB would sack Hughton but he did so who knows.

Believe it or not I do praise us when we do well but the performances have generally been poor for nearly a calendar year! That’s not all bad luck. I hope he turns it around and completely proves me wrong but I have my doubts.

You miss my point, you criticise but offer nothing. If you did I wouldn’t have so much of an issue. So hears your chance. Who would you want and why? What would they bring?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Very tight frustrating game a point is better than none but we still looked toothless in front of goal but it's a great opportunity missed and heading into Christmas we are in trouble

There was no lack of effort so I assume GP has not lost the dressing room but might have had to sideline a couple for one reason or other probably loss of form

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here