Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fulham vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Getting Lallana more on the ball is the answer, not replacing him.

Alzate hasnt done enough imho. Trossard is like a headless chicken and welbecks fluff was terrible, inexcusable to get nothing on a ball right at your feet......... harder to miss than to score.

Whilst im glad Sanchez was played as Ryan has been suspect, Ryans distribution with feet is better.

I like to think that VAR would have found an offside somewhere if Welbeck had put that one in. It makes it less painful.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
1 - 0 either way

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Other thing is we are still trying to play out from the back at times very badly which has you winsing at the TV. You are just waiting for the feck up to follow

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Agreed. Connolly needs a season in the championship, Welbeck is yesterday's man, Maupaycisnbetter but his confidence is shot to bits.

Welbeck has been toilet in most games. Lovely finish at Villa aside, but even there he miscontrolled when clean through. Dreadful signing.

At the moment, he seems a poor signing yes. Just has to finish that chance. If he can't knock 80% of those and the one at the weekend in, we need someone better.

Been pointlessly offside a couple of times as well.

Not doing enough outside the box either.

Neal Maupay back in for me

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Very scrappy, but also very important to not go in at HT losing, so lots to play for here.

Still think it's a must not lose game, let hope we can nick it in the 2nd half.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Not a pretty first half but we have battled well and held our own.

Their pitch is 20m2 smaller than ours so it’s bound to be tight and doesn’t suit our style of play as a result.

With this in mind we need to go two up top and get behind them, Trossard to be replaced by Connolly with AL behind the front two for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
The Premier League is just so tough. This is probably one of the most gifted Albion squads we’ve ever seen and yet, at this level, we are just ordinary. Sad fact.

I don’t think it’s all that fair to expect Bloom to sink £30-40 million into a striker when he’s already down to the tune of £250,000,000 or so. As tough as it is to watch us labour each year, I’d rather that than see us bet the farm, fall through the trap door and keep on falling. If we do drop this year it’s reasonable to expect us to be competitive the next. I’d take that, as I want to be watching BHAFC for another 40 odd years if I’m lucky.

Getting a bit sick of finishing below Palace though.
Agree, but just frustrating to see us just missing the potential. We have so much more potential than the likes of Palace. Just need that formula. How do they keep doing it?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Not been a 0 - 0 here since 2011, Brighton = hold my beer

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Lots of good pressing by both sides...distinct lack of quality. Trossard, Alzate, Lallana all look off the pace. Welbeck and Lamptey seem tired lots of players to freshen this up off the bench. Scrappy win on the cards...

Trossard was awful, right up until the last 5-10 minutes when he started to show what he can do.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
So according so some of you Alzatze is the son of God this is our best team and in Potter we keep the Faith. Alzate overrated team not to bad Potter out of his depth.Get rid asap.

figgis.jpg

All together now. I'm h-a-p-p-y, I'm h-a-p-p-y.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Getting Lallana more on the ball is the answer, not replacing him.

Alzate hasnt done enough imho. Trossard is like a headless chicken and welbecks fluff was terrible, inexcusable to get nothing on a ball right at your feet......... harder to miss than to score.

Whilst im glad Sanchez was played as Ryan has been suspect, Ryans distribution with feet is better.

Has Alzate helped solidify centre midfield, Bissouma finally getting some support?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here