Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Front page advert in Sussex Express

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I've just read Uncle Spielbergs thread about Falmer Parish/LDC misinformation or downright lies about the effects of the Judicial Review has had on the Albions ability to start work on Falmer.

Isn't it about time that we start hitting back. It seems that we are not willing to take direct action, but how about putting our message across. What if we took out a full page advert in the Sussex Express, letting its readers know the full facts and why the Albion cannot start building Falmer. We could also point out what will happen if somehow the Albion do not find a permanent home. Also add that the JR full costs are not yet known and these will be borne by Lewes Tax payers. That LDC took this action without any consultation etc etc.

If nothing else it will put our side of the story and maybe make the LIb Dems wince about the negative effects it will have on them.

Obviously the advert would have to be factual and non political, it would also need to be sent to Sussex Express as a PDF or high resolution JPEG file.

I've looked into the costs and a monochrome full page advert would cost £2,509.20. A colour one would be £3,261.96.

Now if 200-300 of us pledge say £10, we would meet the cost.

Comeone we have to do something as we are being made to look complete asses.

What do you think? If you think its a good idea, then please add whether you would be willing to pledge.

Feb 16, 2006
Hove
I would pledge £10 to get a well supported ideas going, I think really we need to do something to make the wider public aware also why are the people of Lewes so quite about how there taxes are being used? Can we get them riled up as well? Not sure I am not a good Ideas man but I am well up for the fight!!!!!

dcseagull

Dec 8, 2005
Washington DC
I'm up for that.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The editor will probably refuse to print it

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
It doesn't matter if the Sussex Express has a different opinion to ours. Newspapers take adverts from political parties that dont fit in with their views.

Btw, I didn't mean front page I meant full page.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
How much is it for the national papers? I'm just thinking the circulation isnt exactly massive for the paper in question

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
How much is it for the national papers? I'm just thinking the circulation isnt exactly massive for the paper in question
When I worked at the Argus, they liked to tell us (for a reason which escapes me now) that a full page ad in The Sun is £85,000. That was 9 years ago.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
The Large One said:
When I worked at the Argus, they liked to tell us (for a reason which escapes me now) that a full page ad in The Sun is £85,000. That was 9 years ago.

Bloody hell!!!!

Ok, that idea down the pan then.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here