Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Front page advert in Sussex Express

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
I deal with advertising all the time in my job and am pretty sure that even if it went into all editions of the Sussex Express it wouldn't cost that much. I'll have a word with my rep next time he's in.

Also in terms of nationals it cost my company about £5000 for a half page mono in the express in January, over double for colour.

Obviously £10 here to! :clap2: :clap2:

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Could we not get some sort of deal on both the Leader and Argus?

I am up for paying £10.00 as well. This is the best weapon we have against these f&*k&^g morons at LDC. I dont think the average Joe really knows what LDC have done to this club and how much or their money is being wasted fighting a YES decision against the goverment.

It should also name and shame anyone @ LDC who has been involved in this campaign.

Last edited:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I'm in, however fel that the Advert needs to be carefully worded.

Feel that the FFA team should be consulted first as well.

Leaflets to Lewes residents also a good, and possibly cheaper option.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
I'm in, however fel that the Advert needs to be carefully worded.

Feel that the FFA team should be consulted first as well.

Leaflets to Lewes residents also a good, and possibly cheaper option.

I prefer the leafleting.

I will happily print 100 copies of a colour leaflet [so long as my boss is out] and will drive from Southampton to Lewes to deliver them [so long as I can do it the day of a game!]

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Why not take a massive ad in The Argus, after all they are they paper that has supported the Stadium campaign since day one.

The Great Cornholio said:
In fact, why not get a leaflet professionally designed and then everyone on NSC can print off copies at work/home to vastly reduce any printing costs. Get them collated at a game and then distributed.

Just a thought like.
Er ...

We've done that already. Thousands were distributed and we managed to get over 5,000 Lewes residents to back our petition.

We've won the argument. Everyone knows that.

Lewes-flier1.jpg

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Cos the Sussex Express is the official organ of the Nimby. And it'll sit around on the kitchen tables of Lewes for a week rather than a day.

Rubbish, that paper is tosh and is binned pretty quickly. The Argus has a much better name and has done far far more for the club, why not support the people that have supported us... And don't tell me the Argus doesn't cover that area.

Lord Bracknell said:
Er ...

We've done that already. Thousands were distributed and we managed to get over 5,000 Lewes residents to back our petition.

We've won the argument. Everyone knows that.

Lewes-flier1.jpg

I know that - but it would be cheaper and more effective to do another one rather than an expensive newspaper ad, giving money to an Albion unfriendly paper and not reaching large numbers of the electorate.

gvce26 said:
Rubbish, that paper is tosh and is binned pretty quickly. The Argus has a much better name and has done far far more for the club, why not support the people that have supported us... And don't tell me the Argus doesn't cover that area.
I'm inclined to agree.

I feel bad about not getting very enthusiastic about the suggestion at the top of this thread, particularly since DIFFBROOK (who made it) and many, many people on NSC are being incredibly supportive at the moment, not only of the campaign for the stadium, but of Roz and her issues with the District Council.

Fundamentally, the suggestion that is being made is that we "put our message across". This almost implies that we have failed to do so.

I don't read it that way. In the last week, the Argus has given the stadium issue major front page coverage. There have been items on BBC Local TV. And the Sussex Express has run the story about the De Vecchi poster, with 30 column inches devoted to it. 90 percent of that Express coverage put our side of the story.

People in Lewes know what the score is. Roz and I have spent all this week performing in the Lewes Arms pantomime. Quite a lot of our time has been passed sitting in the pub, talking to lots of people. They ALL know what the story is - and we are finding that people who have very little interest in the fortunes of the football club are aware of what the argument about the stadium is all about and the role of the Council in blocking progress. I've met hardly anyone who thinks the District Council is being reasonable by holding out in the way in which they are.

Is this changing the view of the District Council?

I don't think it is. They obviously realise that they have lost the sympathy of thousands of people in the District - our petition, signed by 5,000 people in a week, left them gobsmacked at the scale of support that the stadium has. The local Lib Dem party newspaper ("distributed to 40,000 homes" this week) has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to say about the stadium. They know that they have lost the argument and that it's not worth them even trying to campaign on it any more. But I see no signs of their lawyers being pulled out of the High Court case.

Big spending by Albion fans isn't going to change things. That's not to say that there is no point in keeping up our campaigning. I'm sure that there will be lots of opportunities to get our message into the local media, where (and trust me on this) we have some real friends, who think that LDC have completely lost the plot.

As I say, I don't feel good about not chucking my tenner into DIFFBROOK's bucket. The fight goes on. We have the crowd on our side. And we will win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here