Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

from the argus

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
The only way that comment is defensible is if he was laughing as he said it and it was clearly a wind up to the journo. I would hope he has some idea as to why we are not scoring and how to change it.

Camicus

IMHO Gus is getting really frustrated and getting ready to jump ship. I hope Im wrong I like Gus and think he has done well but the real hero of the club is TB and he will be here no matter what.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
IMHO Gus is getting really frustrated and getting ready to jump ship. I hope Im wrong I like Gus and think he has done well but the real hero of the club is TB and he will be here no matter what.

If he does decide to leave when the going gets rough, he have zero respect from the average supporter. It's now time for Gus to man up and show us what he is made of.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Think we need to get some perspective on here, firstly I did not go last night, so can not comment on the performance but I would say after watching the Albion for about 50 years, this is probably the best situation we have ever been in, superb ground, squad, manager, owners, board etc, top 10 in the league after less than a quarter of a season played. I wonder if people would like to go back to Gillingham days, or even darker times with Archer and Bellotti ?

Of course we can improve things, but pinch me as I think I am dreaming, compared to some of the things that I have had to put up with over the years. I can only think that the people that whine on here, are the ones that have not seen what we used to put up with.

Poyet out calls ?, what the hell is that about, probably the best manager we have ever had, so we have had problems scoring for a few games, but creating chances, so I am sure we will come good soon. I am sure that Poyet did try and sign a striker in the window, but would not break the bank, which I totally agree with.

So in summary, think back to where we were a few years ago and enjoy the ride towards being a much improved team, club and we are going in the right direction, if you don't see that, then you are blind.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Poyet added: "How are we going to score? Who knows?"

That line is undefendable.

If our manager does know how we are going to score. Maybe it time to find one who does.

He really is not helping his cause with these stupid f***ing comments week after week.

Mod Edit of Quote.

It's starting to get out of hand now.

FOR EVERYONES SAKE. SORT IT OUT

Even your most loyal arselickers tongues must be drying out after that comment :lol:

You can be a twat at times can't you. What he says to the media after a match means f*** all. Not sure what you're expecting him to say that would meet your approval? Maybe the old trusted lines of 'go back to the training ground and work hard on it' etc etc. There's really no point in hanging on his every word in a post match interview. What he says in the changing room and on the training ground is what matters, not what he says to a journo. If you really think he is clueless then do us a favour and don't come back until Poyet has gone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
You can be a twat at times can't you. What he says to the media after a match means f*** all. Not sure what you're expecting him to say that would meet your approval? Maybe the old trusted lines of 'go back to the training ground and work hard on it' etc etc. There's really no point in hanging on his every word in a post match interview. What he says in the changing room and on the training ground is what matters, not what he says to a journo. If you really think he is clueless then do us a favour and don't come back until Poyet has gone.

Well, what he says on the training ground and in the dressing room is obviosuly working wonders isn't it. :nono:

As you seem to have learning difficulties, and because someone says something bad about your hero, I'll repost what I said last night. As you will see I don't think he is cluesless. Fair from it. And that what pisses me off.

It's not just the losing thats the issue. I know some on here expect to win every game, and live in FIFA 13 world, but we're Brighton fans. We've been used to defeat over the years.

I've been knocking Gus since the end of last season.
It's not the losing I have the issue with.
It's the way we lose.
Its the way he sets him team out.
It's the way our results seem to depend on the opponents tactics. If they attack us we win. If they shut up shop we won't.
It's the way he spends £3m on a striker every team wants, who thrives playing off a target man and plays him as a lone striker.
It's the way he brings in a target man on loan last season, and then drops our sriker who is desperate to play with a partner, and plays the target man in the same role.
It's the way he seems to not want to play players in their strongest position.
It's the way when his lopsided formation doesn't work, he point blanky refuses to change it.
It's the way he makes 4 deadline day signings, and not one of them has had a decent run in the side yet.
Its the way he says before the international break that we will see a different team next time out, and its the same old same.

No reasonable person expects us to win every game. Far from it.

But what we do expect is when things are going badly, that the slightest effort is made to change things around and stop a poor run before it becomes a slump. He seems incapable for what ever reason of doing that.

That's why some people are getting so f***ed off with Poyet.

Not because we just lost 1-0 away to the league leaders.

Poyet has a system which when works, is virtually unplayable. But when it doesn't work, its near unwinnable. Which is why he needs to be able to vary the style when needed. He can keep flogging the diead donkey and play one up front, its not working, so any other manager would change it.

But Poyet is so arrogant and convinced his system is the best, he won't change it. Pretty football is great when it works. But when it doesn't he has to change it.

Is he clever enough to come up with a different more "ugly" system with what he has available? You bet he is.

Is he willing to. It appears not. And until he does, and for that reason, He will not be the great super duper manager his followers on here are convinced he is.

And if he won't change, even when is glarring obvious the team is struggling and lost for ideas, when he is more than capable of changing it, then in my opinion he has to go.

Some on here will not have a bad word to say about Poyet. Some don't have a good word to say at the moment.

Personally I think he is capable of being the best manager we've ever had. But I think he'll be gone sooner than some might think, unless he is willing to drop his usual style in times when the opposition, top or bottom of the league, can play it so well.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
As you will see I don't think he is cluesless. Fair from it. And that what pisses me off.

It's not just the losing thats the issue. I know some on here expect to win every game, and live in FIFA 13 world, but we're Brighton fans. We've been used to defeat over the years.

I've been knocking Gus since the end of last season.
It's the way we lose.
It's the way our results seem to depend on the opponents tactics. If they attack us we win. If they shut up shop we won't.
It's the way he spends £3m on a striker every team wants, who thrives playing off a target man and plays him as a lone striker.
It's the way he brings in a target man on loan last season, and then drops our sriker who is desperate to play with a partner, and plays the target man in the same role.
It's the way when his lopsided formation doesn't work, he point blanky refuses to change it.
It's the way he makes 4 deadline day signings, and not one of them has had a decent run in the side yet.
Its the way he says before the international break that we will see a different team next time out, and its the same old same.

No reasonable person expects us to win every game. Far from it.

But what we do expect is when things are going badly, that the slightest effort is made to change things around and stop a poor run before it becomes a slump. He seems incapable for what ever reason of doing that.

That's why some people are getting so f***ed off with Poyet.

Not because we just lost 1-0 away to the league leaders.

Poyet has a system which when works, is virtually unplayable. But when it doesn't work, its near unwinnable. Which is why he needs to be able to vary the style when needed. He can keep flogging the diead donkey and play one up front, its not working, so any other manager would change it.

But Poyet is so arrogant and convinced his system is the best, he won't change it. Pretty football is great when it works. But when it doesn't he has to change it.

Is he clever enough to come up with a different more "ugly" system with what he has available? You bet he is.

Is he willing to. It appears not. And until he does, and for that reason, He will not be the great super duper manager his followers on here are convinced he is.

And if he won't change, even when is glarring obvious the team is struggling and lost for ideas, when he is more than capable of changing it, then in my opinion he has to go.

Some on here will not have a bad word to say about Poyet. Some don't have a good word to say at the moment.

Personally I think he is capable of being the best manager we've ever had. But I think he'll be gone sooner than some might think, unless he is willing to drop his usual style in times when the opposition, top or bottom of the league, can play it so well.

Spot on.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
It's the way we lose.

This summarises my views brilliantly.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Well, what he says on the training ground and in the dressing room is obviosuly working wonders isn't it. :nono:

As you seem to have learning difficulties, and because someone says something bad about your hero, I'll repost what I said last night. As you will see I don't think he is cluesless. Fair from it. And that what pisses me off.

I was only replying to your post on here, I chose not to look at NSC last night so didn't see any other comments. And your post on this thread as a stand alone comment, is shite (in my opinion of course). However this other one you posted from last night makes some good points and is good post, but I do think the one on this thread looks like over sensitive reactionary bollocks I'm afraid, sorry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here