Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

from the argus

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
This has got to be a vulture wind-up.Don't believe there's really a reporter called Phil Mchunt :eek:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I was only replying to your post on here, I chose not to look at NSC last night so didn't see any other comments. And your post on this thread as a stand alone comment, is shite (in my opinion of course). However this other one you posted from last night makes some good points and is good post, but I do think the one on this thread looks like over sensitive reactionary bollocks I'm afraid, sorry.
Fair play :thumbsup:

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Think about it this way. Poyets targets over summer was to sort out our defensive problems. Goal keeper full backs all sorted. He knew goal scoring was a problem. But he wanted to make sure we were tight at the back first.
Perhaps he could of signed a striker, but then perhaps he wouldn't have signed Bruno or Kuszcack. No ones knows his budget. I'm still behind him.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Think about it this way. Poyets targets over summer was to sort out our defensive problems. Goal keeper full backs all sorted. He knew goal scoring was a problem. But he wanted to make sure we were tight at the back first.
Perhaps he could of signed a striker, but then perhaps he wouldn't have signed Bruno or Kuszcack. No ones knows his budget. I'm still behind him.
He hasn't fully sorted out the defensive problem, otherwise our main target wouldn't be a centre half.

In defence of Poyet, I think the two centre halfs may be the reason why he won't opt for a more attacking system. Whist Bruno and Bridge are good enough to walk in virtually any Championship side (as is Kuszczak), I don't see another championship side that either El-Abd nor Greer would get in other than us. Therefore this ultra defensive system he plays with just one up front, is probably partly done to not exposing Greer and El Abd too much.

So whilst on paper we may have the meanist defensive record in the football league, we certainly haven't sorted out the back four IMO. I think we need an experienced center half with the same sort of pedigree as Bruno, Kuszczak or Bridge, and this will allow Dunk to come back in and have a top centre back to learn of. I firmly believe if we had a top class center back, Dunk would start.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here