Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

From Crewe Rivals

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
JonC said:
Hi, it's Jon here off the Crewe site. I would like to clear a couple of things up because of the unnecessary abuse over my report.

I've followed Albion's plight for years (see article I wrote on site). As such I suppose I expected you all to be a group of 'fun' fans enjoying the day out, however the sheer amount of moaning that went on was unbelievable. The referee was not poor, as you seem to suggest -1st goal was a definite free kick, 3rd was the linesman's decision. However the amount of moaning and groaning was reminiscent of West Ham or Wigan fans, not the BHA I was expecting (not to mention the racist chanting which could be heard behind the goal where I reside).

Also. Was my article really put in the Observer. Anyone got a link. I certainly did not give my permission for its publication? I'm pretty disgusted if they have just copied my report, put it in their paper and then spelt my name wrong. I feel an angry email going to the sports editor.

Anyone know if I can sue for libel?

You silly man.............................. yes there was a bit of shouting and bawling about the ref., but I didn't hear any mass racist chanting, the odd idiot 16 year old who doesn't know better.

You obviously didn't hear us supporting youe academy boys at half-time, that was FUN.... there was banter with one of the ball-boys...... again FUN.... there was NO trouble..... with about 1200 of us there, if there was trouble the police would have been giving it large all over the place.... were they?..... NO.

For the record, replays clearly show the player if nothign else came back onto the pitch to play the ball, hence offside according to the rule book, and the ref gave the goal, but reluctantly ( I know, because it was right in front of me) agreed to consult for perhaps 2 seconds with the lino, he had already decided. The free kick!?!, check the video of that, not a chance it should have been given.

Overall, we had a laugh, were well behaved, and brighton actually played some good football in bursts.

Hey.... but never let the facts get in the way of a good stitch-up eh?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Agreed, I with some other Seagulls were chatting to a nice bloke in a red top on the train and took a keen interest in the current situ. ( I add, HE raised the issue on the stadium) not us! The Brunswick Pub on the high street had both Brighton and Crewe fans drinking side by side with no hint of animosity!

Again, the actions of one or a VERY SMALL minority means certain home fans see it as Brighton the hooligan army!!

hardly Jon at all!!!!!

:angry:

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
El Presidente said:
Jon,

There is a lot of difference between one racist shouting his BNP filth and racist 'chanting', which implies a significant group of us making such comments.

If you look elsewhere on NSC you will see that there was one person guilty of it, he was not only seen by the authorities but also pointed out to the stewards/police officers at half time, and they proceeded to do.........nothing.

As for fun loving, we had a great time in the pub before the game with the CAFC fans, and gave excellent support to the kids at half time when they had their mini game, despite being two down.

As for your comments on the free kick for the first goal, if you were in the far right corner, you must have been at least 80 yards away, so to say that it was definitely a free kick means you must have laser vision. In my view Jones made a meal of it, but shit happens, and with Leon Knight in the side we have won a few dodgy decisions in the last 18 months. The third goal did appear to be a poor decision by the linesman, but he was trying to see through a forest of players.

Well said. This moron should look elsewhere on NSC before making such sweeping statements. Surpise surprise that he doesn't slate his own officials for letting racist comments pass them by. We as fans can't kick racism out on our own we can only do it with the support of stewards and the ol' bill. Neither of which in Crewe have a problem with racism. Pot, kettle and black are words that come to mind in this situation.

I suppose he couldn't hear the usual homophobic chants from those around him.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
The homphobic chants normally come from fans who can't think of anything original!!

This is me last reply on this thread, cant be arsed on it anymore!!

Saturday I have to say I felt we were brilliant, 3-1 down and we still kept singing. Myself and OTLW felt Crewe had a great set up with the kiddies football at half time and I'm sure the kiddies enjoyed it listening to us singing for em too.

The manager certainly did, I spotted him a fea times laughin!!

:clap:

JonC

Oct 18, 2004
Homophobic chants? Crewe fans?

Nah, never.

(Can you accept my deepest apologies for what was a typically controversial report - already had complaints for being a homophobe, wishing Wigan chairman was dead etc? I'll be travelling down to the Withdean soon and would not like to be beaten up by a mass of Brighton fans).

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Agree with Northstander and others.
I saw arrests - aside from Chappers and Safeway's ejections - and no a hint of any trouble.
The pubs were friendly and the locals welcoming.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
JonC said:

Nah, never.

(Can you accept my deepest apologies for what was a typically controversial report - already had complaints for being a homophobe, wishing Wigan chairman was dead etc? I'll be travelling down to the Withdean soon and would not like to be beaten up by a mass of Brighton fans).
Controversy for controversy's sake in my opinion - poorly thought through as has been shown on here and childishly one-sided. In a nutshell, very "rivals", IMO.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I suggest a retraction matey.......... plus your comment about YOU sueing for Libel.......... we have more of a case than you.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
JonC said:

Nah, never.

I look forward to the next report...

"Curries free kick should never have stood because Knight dived..."

"Virgo's second was clearly offside"

"The ref was the worst ever"

:clap2:

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Originally posted by El Presidente
Jon,

There is a lot of difference between one racist shouting his BNP filth and racist 'chanting', which implies a significant group of us making such comments.

If you look elsewhere on NSC you will see that there was one person guilty of it, he was not only seen by the authorities but also pointed out to the stewards/police officers at half time, and they proceeded to do.........nothing.

As for fun loving, we had a great time in the pub before the game with the CAFC fans, and gave excellent support to the kids at half time when they had their mini game, despite being two down.

As for your comments on the free kick for the first goal, if you were in the far right corner, you must have been at least 80 yards away, so to say that it was definitely a free kick means you must have laser vision. In my view Jones made a meal of it, but shit happens, and with Leon Knight in the side we have won a few dodgy decisions in the last 18 months. The third goal did appear to be a poor decision by the linesman, but he was trying to see through a forest of players.

Well said:clap:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
JonC said:
Retraction. You're having a laugh!

Shall I retract:

http://crewealexandra.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=907&p=2&stid=8362385

this as well.

See I can look at both sides of the coin. Just because I have a strong opinion about the behaviour of some of your fans doesn't mean I don't like the club as a whole.

I think your match reports overides any good work you have done jon. People will read the fans united report then read the match report and leave thinking all brighton fans are racist hooligans.

Good work Jon. Even the Crewe fans are disagreeing with you!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Jon,

Don't worry, we are all a bunch of wimps bored silly by our failed careers who congregate on NSC all day to make the hours pass by faster. No one here could knock the skin off a rice pudding, so there will be no violence (zero arrests at Withdean last season, quite an achievement).

You will be more than welcome in Brighton to drink with us.

The 'Does your boyfriend know you're here' chant from your mob is just so old fashioned we just ignore it anyway.

You will recognise me as I will be wearing the construction worker outfit when 'YMCA' comes on the tannoy at half time.

Peace and Love

El P

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
El Presidente said:
Jon,

Don't worry, we are all a bunch of wimps bored silly by our failed careers who congregate on NSC all day to make the hours pass by faster. No one here could knock the skin off a rice pudding, so there will be no violence (zero arrests at Withdean last season, quite an achievement).

You will be more than welcome in Brighton to drink with us.

The 'Does your boyfriend know you're here' chant from your mob is just so old fashioned we just ignore it anyway.

You will recognise me as I will be wearing the construction worker outfit when 'YMCA' comes on the tannoy at half time.

Peace and Love

El P

yeah, but just out of interest can you post a copy of an up to date photo of yourself:p

Why do I get the feeling you wear burburry?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Bitch...I prefer the leather hat:safeway

JonC

Oct 18, 2004
Ummmmm.....I came on here to rescue my reputation as the utimate football writer in Britain.

Yet now, as I depart to brigther shores, I leave looking like a blubbering, prejudiced fool.

RE: Crewe fans - don't worry they never agree with me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here