Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] From a Toon fan

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
The International break came at a great time for Newcastle. If they had to play Tottenham the week after being so poor and looking downhearted against us it might have been the end for them. Instead they had 2 weeks to get over it and re group. They got a good result against Tottenham and built on that.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Posted a few months ago at my admiration for the way you play. Really good to watch. We finished above you but frankly don't know how! I'd have Potter in a heart beat and I still think you are very easy on the eye. Worrying really the bottom teams are pretty dress and I wouldn't worry next year as Potter with a few tweaks could get you into the top half. We have been desperate to watch and if we play the same next year, we'll struggle, again. A very odd, very monotonous season. At least you guys play some lovely stuff. Cheers.

Only done the one away day (weekender) there. Great city, good times, met up with a friend's friend who offered to show us round, who couldn't have been a better host. And you gave us the 3 points. All good with me. Bruce is a little harshly done by IMO, but he is not our manager, so it's your shout that counts, just keep your hands off GP :)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Been to the Toon a few times, what a City. And was at the amazing 1979 game.

Last time I was there was last season and when some lads heard our accent, they wouldn't let us buy any drinks because "you're a long way from home". Love the place. Cheers Acas.

My dad went up to that game (79). I was busy revising for my final uni exams (and skint). Given that you're at least 10 years younger than me, top work on your part :thumbsup:

I'll add to the love-in. Never met a bad geordie.

And now for a little light music (the band, on this album, is Lindisfarne):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhkYErIobWY

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
My dad went up to that game (79). I was busy revising for my final uni exams (and skint). Given that you're at least 10 years younger than me, top work on your part :thumbsup:

I'll add to the love-in. Never met a bad geordie. And now for a little light music

Thanks Harry, turned 60 last month so not too far behind you.

I remember none of my mates were going to the '79 game so got my ticket and jumped on the coach at Pool Valley, Billy no mates. Sitting there and my mate Danny (from schooldays) jumped on at the last minute, "couldn't let you go on your own".

That first half is engrained deeply in the memory.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Not a fan of loans if the player has a good season it leaves a big hole to fill the following season, if you don’t have a buy option obviously.

But it might just bridge the gap until the right player comes through the ranks. I also note Leeds have had Harrison on loan for 2 years so far. I don't think it should be the first option but nor should it be dismissed.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Another one who loves the City of Newcastle here. Wife went to Uni there and loved it.
If you took Wilson and Saint Maximan and put them up front in our side you’d have a very good side!

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

I'll add to the love-in. Never met a bad geordie.

And now for a little light music (the band, on this album, is Lindisfarne):

I don't think 2/5 of Lindisfarne count as 'Lindisfarne'!

Quite surprised to see the link between Hamill and Lindisfarne. Struggling to work out whether it is actually news to me, or whether I knew all about it when I bought the LP 50 years ago and had forgotten in the years since I last played it (at least 20 years, I would guess, more likely thirty!)

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
But it might just bridge the gap until the right player comes through the ranks. I also note Leeds have had Harrison on loan for 2 years so far. I don't think it should be the first option but nor should it be dismissed.
A striker option in Jan may of been useful looking back.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't think 2/5 of Lindisfarne count as 'Lindisfarne'!

Quite surprised to see the link between Hamill and Lindisfarne. Struggling to work out whether it is actually news to me, or whether I knew all about it when I bought the LP 50 years ago and had forgotten in the years since I last played it (at least 20 years, I would guess, more likely thirty!)

Great sound though, isn't it?

They were lable mates (Charisma).

Hammill also collaborated a lot with Rober Fripp. I could upload a Fripp video but I'm a bit busy at the moment :whistle: :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here