Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] From a Toon fan

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Take St Maxi The Man out of this seasons Newcastle team and they were gonners , lose him in the summer and they will struggle big time next season .

As long as your not on a horse it's a excellent awayday weekender imo .

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think the OP enjoyed watching the Albion more than some of our fans :lolol:

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Love Newcastle! I will never forget the couple of trips to the Toon to watch the Albion away. The first visit was when we were in the Championship, August Bank Holiday I think. The weather was gloriously sunny and the Geordies I met were very welcoming and friendly. Although we lost 2-0. Many of their fans stated how much they still loved Chris Hughton and predicted that both of us (Newcastle and the Albion) would be promoted - what a prediction that was!

That particular Saturday I ended up at a pub called the Mile Castle (?) which had ten bouncers on the door. I was wearing my Albion shirt but they let me in - my charm works wonders! The pub was heaving with fans in black and white and their response was amazing. Lots of handshakes and good luck for the season wishes and joining in with the banter. All in all probably my best Albion away day even though we lost.

Second time there was just before New Year’s Eve when we drew 0-0 and should have won. A boozy day all round, starting on the train, then in the pub with a load of Geordies, then staggering back for the train to go south.

So if no one has done Newcastle away - do it! Great town, great fans, great day out.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Not a fan of loans if the player has a good season it leaves a big hole to fill the following season, if you don’t have a buy option obviously.

Agree. I'm not a fan. (Though clearly it worked out for Newcastle and West Ham this season).

We're a club that markets itself to talented young players that they will get a chance of first team PL football. If we're developing other teams players instead, it reduces our chances of making these signings

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
Posted a few months ago at my admiration for the way you play. Really good to watch. We finished above you but frankly don't know how! I'd have Potter in a heart beat and I still think you are very easy on the eye. Worrying really the bottom teams are pretty dress and I wouldn't worry next year as Potter with a few tweaks could get you into the top half. We have been desperate to watch and if we play the same next year, we'll struggle, again. A very odd, very monotonous season. At least you guys play some lovely stuff. Cheers.

I'm a firm believer that clubs take the momentum on from one season to another. Toon should be fine next season. Southampton on the other hand :ohmy:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Agree. I'm not a fan. (Though clearly it worked out for Newcastle and West Ham this season).

We're a club that markets itself to talented young players that they will get a chance of first team PL football. If we're developing other teams players instead, it reduces our chances of making these signings
Agree although sooner rather than later we need to start selling. Part of the attraction for talented young players to join the club would be first team football excel and your off to bigger and better things with the club not standing in the way.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I'm a firm believer that clubs take the momentum on from one season to another. Toon should be fine next season. Southampton on the other hand :ohmy:

Obviously loads of time before next season, but if Ings doesn't stay (he's been stalling on a new contract), that is a huge gap to fill for Southampton. I'm sure Newcastle will be fine next season, even if they don't sign Joe Willock. They just need to keep Saint Maximin and Wilson fit.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Good to see a compliment from a real football fan rather the bile spewed out by the Citeh lot. Thank you Acas

100%.

Isn’t it interesting the difference in tone, from this friendly Geordie compared to some plastic Manc’s we’ve heard from the past week.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Are Arsenal open to selling Willock or have you opened their eyes to him?

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Been to the Toon a few times, what a City. And was at the amazing 1979 game.

Last time I was there was last season and when some lads heard our accent, they wouldn't let us buy any drinks because "you're a long way from home". Love the place. Cheers Acas.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Been to the Toon a few times, what a City. And was at the amazing 1979 game.

Last time I was there was last season and when some lads heard our accent, they wouldn't let us buy any drinks because "you're a long way from home". Love the place. Cheers Acas.

My first visit to Newcastle was when I had to change trains after we beat Sunderland. I had an hour to kill so went for a pint, the bloke next to me at the bar heard my accent and insisted on buying me a pint, purely because Brighton had beaten the Mackems.

What a place ... love visiting Newcastle

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Does not compute. If we'd beat a few bottom clubs, but lost to City, Spurs, Chelsea, WHU, Leeds, we'd still have been in the same place.

I disagree. I’d expect to, and indeed we did, pick up a reasonable number of points against the top half teams. I’d also expect to pick up a decent number of wins against the bottom four. We didn’t register a single win in eight games against those four teams.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Newcastle will be OK next season too, provided their team contains players that can hurt you. This year they had that in Wilson and St Maximin, while bringing in Willock on loan was a masterstroke.

By contrast, the relegated 3 did not have one player between them who struck fear into any of the 20 defences.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Newcastle should be fine again next season. The last 10 games this season has shown that Burnley & Crystal Palace could find it difficult next year

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I have lots of reasons to like Newcastle FC. Still a bit miffed that they beat us to the title a few years back mind.

I hope their fans get what they want apart from beating us on the pitch and to signing new players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here