Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

From a Saint in peace. Best of Luck for the run in.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
The only thing I don't really understand, why call us Scummers? Only the skates do that and even then it's just daft!

Anyway, Hammond. Is it just 'ex player' syndrome with him or did he do something to part with you guys on particularly bad terms?

Got a good reception from us when he used to return then scored against us last season at Withdean and gave it the big 'un in front of the south stand shouting 'f*** Off' to everyone. Nice guy.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Tends to be a first come first serve attitude normally.

Ah right, that used to be the way here - this board went into meltdown when that method was used for the West Ham and Tottenham games. I was one of those who missed out on both occasions. Didn't see any point in complaining as it wouldn't have got me a ticket. First time (Tottenham) I didn't get my act together in time and posted the wrong application, second time I've no idea what happened, but the club changed the system and we now have a priority system in operation.

Colinjb

Jan 11, 2011
Got a good reception from us when he used to return then scored against us last season at Withdean and gave it the big 'un in front of the south stand shouting 'f*** Off' to everyone. Nice guy.

Makes sense. We had to sign Richard Chaplow in order for him to pull his finger out. Was becoming very lazy and complacent with only him and Schneiderlin as our main central midfielders.... The difference now he is under pressure for his place is remarkable.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
The only thing I don't really understand, why call us Scummers? Only the skates do that and even then it's just daft!

Anyway, Hammond. Is it just 'ex player' syndrome with him or did he do something to part with you guys on particularly bad terms?
Hammond gave it the big one in front of our fanbase - which was a shame because I thought he was decent for us back in the day

unlike Harding who got abit above his station after his agent filled his head with shit and didn't look bothered in his final season here

anyways - kudos for tonight , and bring it on really.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I predict within 3 weeks we won't be top any more.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
it is likely we wont be top due to all the games being played around us and us being in the cup - however once the games are made up we will be fine :)

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Prefer points to games in hand, however come May, automatic promotion as champions or bridesmaids will do me nicely.

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
Makes sense. We had to sign Richard Chaplow in order for him to pull his finger out. Was becoming very lazy and complacent with only him and Schneiderlin as our main central midfielders.... The difference now he is under pressure for his place is remarkable.

What's happened to him at the moment? Doesn't seem to have played the last couple of games??

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
so basically after we went ages without winning and having games postponed and generally not really going anywhere... we're still 3 points clear with a game in hand on everybody (and yes that includes the saints... even though they seem to think they're top for some odd reason).

i don't even think southampton will be going up this season, to be honest. huddersfield are a better team in my book. southampton will reach the play offs where they'll be beaten in the final by somebody or other.

Quickfire Double

Registered Scummer
Jan 12, 2011
East Sussex
Would that be the same 'Udders side we just recently beat 4-1? The one that laboured to a win over 9-man Argyle last night? The one sitting behind us in the table on whom we retain a game in hand? Just to clarify ;-)

I wouldn't class myself as one of those Saints fans who "think they're top", and I know there's half a season to be played, but you'll have to concede we're in a rich vein of form just now, and aren't doing at all bad overall given the crap start we made!

Quickfire Double

Registered Scummer
Jan 12, 2011
East Sussex
I'm not here in the wind-up: I'm genuinely pleased to see Albion where they are, and hope we both go up. I thought the "Huddersfield are a better team" contention worth some debate, that's all...!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here