Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

From a Saint in peace. Best of Luck for the run in.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
so basically after we went ages without winning and having games postponed and generally not really going anywhere... we're still 3 points clear with a game in hand on everybody (and yes that includes the saints... even though they seem to think they're top for some odd reason).

i don't even think southampton will be going up this season, to be honest. huddersfield are a better team in my book. southampton will reach the play offs where they'll be beaten in the final by somebody or other.

In the two games I've seen huddersfield play this season they've been pretty average.

Strong team, good players but predictable football. IMHO you could say the same about SCC under pardew. Unfortunately Adkins has sorted them out and they're now playing good football. I'm hoping the extra pressure from SCC causes our lot to up their game to october/november levels, if that happens it'll be a two horse race, if not we'll be in the mix with udders, charlton, bournemouth and wednesday for sure and possibly Notts County, Peterborough and hartlepool.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sorry but anyone who thinks Huddersfield are a better team is on the wind up.

There is a reason why Saints were overwhelming favourites for the league this season: the size and quality of their squad and the wages they pay puts them a league above most clubs in this division before a game is even played, and the fact they aren't miles clear says an awful lot about Alan Pardew.

Huddersfield strike me as very inconsistent, great one week, terrible the next.

Oh, and we're not exactly on a bad run ourselves, Saints: a point against Charlton that felt like a win after conceding after a minute and playing for 80 minutes with ten men, and three wins since then.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
I look forward to seeing how our ticket office divide that up between our season ticket holders! They're damned if they do and damned if they don't right now, particularly after linking tickets for the Man Utd game with the Carlisle home fixture.

Think you'll find on this occasion, by ballot like some bigger clubs...had it been at Falmer I think your allocation would prove sufficient

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So, until we meet in April, genuinely, all the best to you all. In a way I hope that game is academic with us both secured as promoted by then. Of course, we should enjoy the competion on the way though. ;)

Peace.

Col.

OK, fair enough, but if when we meet Huddersfield on the 30th of April and we both need a point to stay in 1st. and 2nd. position, and condemn Saints to the play-offs, be assured we won't forget 1978!

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
OK, fair enough, but if when we meet Huddersfield on the 30th of April and we both need a point to stay in 1st. and 2nd. position, and condemn Saints to the play-offs, be assured we won't forget 1978!

1978 - the year The Jam released THIS :bowdown:

The+jam+-+All+mod+cons-1978-1.jpg

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
In the two games I've seen huddersfield play this season they've been pretty average.

Strong team, good players but predictable football. IMHO you could say the same about SCC under pardew. Unfortunately Adkins has sorted them out and they're now playing good football. I'm hoping the extra pressure from SCC causes our lot to up their game to october/november levels, if that happens it'll be a two horse race, if not we'll be in the mix with udders, charlton, bournemouth and wednesday for sure and possibly Notts County, Peterborough and hartlepool.

well we lost at huddersfield. we didn't at southampton.

any team that contains hammond and harding on a regular basis is play offs at best. let me ask you this. would either of those two be anywhere near our first team this season? the answer is no.

let's not get carried away by southamton's delusions... they're not a bad team, but nothing special.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
There is a reason why Saints were overwhelming favourites for the league this season: the size and quality of their squad and the wages they pay puts them a league above most clubs in this division before a game is even played, and the fact they aren't miles clear says an awful lot about Alan Pardew.

Hardly. Pardew was sacked after about 3 games. We arent miles clear at the top because our owner died leaving uncertanty, AP was sacked, NA came in and took a while to settle in etc etc. How we're 2nd after such a stuttering first half is amazing. I think the during the 2nd half of the season, it's the teams with the deep squads that will prevail. Personally I think we'll motor from now on and Brighton will come up with us, although a lot will depend on who they buy in the next few weeks.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
well we lost at huddersfield. we didn't at southampton.

any team that contains hammond and harding on a regular basis is play offs at best. let me ask you this. would either of those two be anywhere near our first team this season? the answer is no.

let's not get carried away by southamton's delusions... they're not a bad team, but nothing special.

Actually I would say we are for L1. AOC and Lalana both wanted by Prem teams plus a lot of other top end Championship level players - Fonte, Puncheon, Lambo, Barnard, Guly, Schniderlin to name but a few.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Actually I would say we are for L1. AOC and Lalana both wanted by Prem teams plus a lot of other top end Championship level players - Fonte, Puncheon, Lambo, Barnard, Guly, Schniderlin to name but a few.

There are no oustanding teams in L1 this season, we were excellent until the end of October, but then went off the boil. Given the amount you have paid out in fees and wages, along with some excellent players who have come through the ranks, you should be out of sight by now.

Colinjb

Jan 11, 2011
What's happened to him at the moment? Doesn't seem to have played the last couple of games??

It's fair to say he is now our third choice central midfielder behind Chaplow and Schneiderlin.

He just has seemed very complacent. Schneiderlin offers better passing skill and Chaplow can simply do everything Hamster tries but is much much better at it.

Hamster is not a convincing captain.

Lush

Mods' Pet
It's fair to say he is now our third choice central midfielder behind Chaplow and Schneiderlin.

He just has seemed very complacent. Schneiderlin offers better passing skill and Chaplow can simply do everything Hamster tries but is much much better at it.

Sums him up exactly. Complacent and anonymous for a lot of his time with us too.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I've seen both Saints and Huddersfield and Saints are far far stronger. I still think we can hold them off but they are going to run us very close.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

To be fair, he doesn't make a very convincing Hamster either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here