Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

From 606

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I've been warming to the idea of Slade and never really fancied Pardew BUT at the end of the day I'd probably be happy if he was appointed as it's a reasonably big name boss with a reasonably good background.

Right now I just want it to HAPPEN

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Another vote for Pardew from me

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Martin Ling would take us into the Prem within 5 years! :lol:

Yes, he was cack this season with the Orient, but when you consider the size of their fanbase and where they were when he took over, he's done brilliantly. He got them into this league and then kept them here last season, they flirted with the play offs in the early part of last season remember. Just because things went wrong this season, doesn't mean he's not worth a punt. My vote is Ling. :afro:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
It this is true and it's a choice between these two, personally I'd go for Pardew. If he's asking for a 3 year deal, then he's not thinking short term. Also, while I would like to be loyal to our current employees, I think a fresh new backup team can give the whole club a lift and reinvigorate us for this season and going forward.

My gut feeeling tells me however, that the Pardew plus backroom option would be too expensive for us and we'll be left with Slade. I don't know much about him, but to me it seems like second best and a punt on someone who has not managed at a very high level.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
It this is true and it's a choice between these two, personally I'd go for Pardew. If he's asking for a 3 year deal, then he's not thinking short term. Also, while I would like to be loyal to our current employees, I think a fresh new backup team can give the whole club a lift and reinvigorate us for this season and going forward.

My gut feeeling tells me however, that the Pardew plus backroom option would be too expensive for us and we'll be left with Slade. I don't know much about him, but to me it seems like second best and a punt on someone who has not managed at a very high level.

OI!!!!! You paraphrased my post!!!!:rant::rant:punish:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Andy Whing said in the Herald they were told on Monday a new manager would be in by Saturday...?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here