Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Friends Of NSC - A Business Idea

Would you use a " Friends Of NSC " club ?.

• Yes I would be inclined to its a good idea

Votes: 36 58.1%
  • I may use someone from NSC its a worthwhile option

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • No I would not use this option at all

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Fence - come back to me

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We have friends of the albion club and I think a " friends of nsc " club would be a good idea.

The club would have people/trades covering all aspects, carpenter, electrician, estate agent, accountant, mortgage broker, car salesman, electrician, plumber etc etc.

There could be a sub forum " Friends Of NSC " where people who needed advice or someone to help could go, all the trades would be there. The tradesmen would be NSC members only.

What better way to do business than with fellow BHAFC fans and people you can trust. After all any poor service I am sure would be reported back to the FONSC ( Fonzy ) forum and indeed any good service would result in recommendations the ultimate barometer.

The tradesman, if any business resulted from NSC would give back a % of the monies earned to NSC to help the developement and running costs of NSC.

I know this is not a business forum but I have done business here and indeed got an electrician when I needed one from a recommendation on NSC ( Dropkick Turnip ) and he was superb , so much so I passed his name onto another NSC member. It will just be another option on NSC to everyone's mutual benefit.

With all the adverts we get everyday I think we are missing a trick here.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Seems like a good idea to me. I am fed up with trying to get tradesman you can trust, who actually do what they say they will!!

D

Deleted User X18H

Yeah cos we are all so friendly I can imagine Bars Mars coming round my house to fix a socket and connecting me up to the live supply!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yeah cos we are all so friendly I can imagine Bars Mars coming round my house to fix a socket and connecting me up to the live supply!!

Always one, yes good idea IMHO

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Sort of.

Any "feedback" especially negative risks libel cases especially as its work related. Been involved in setting up these sorts of things before. It would have to be caveat emptor with any feedback by contacting posters and asking.

Or an anonymous star rating but thats open to mischeif and vendeters as well. Would be best with a geographical element as well.

It has potential though.....

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

I had some doubts initially but I'm gradually changing my mind...

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Yes. Believe it or not, I tend to turn to NSC for local matters. I know some of you, but have also had good stuff from those I don't. I know I have got leads for plumbers, mower repairs recently from here, to name but two. Pasty was looking for a dentist this week - hope he found one. It's good to get recommendations from local people for local businesses. Go for it Gareth.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Fixtures !!!!!!!!

I would like to point out that I suggested this a while ago and it was soundly poo poo'd. If it goes ahead it will prove that there is an 'in' crowd on NSC and the rest of us are mere minnows bought in to bring the numbers up. :rant:

Good idea though.:yahoo:

I do remember you replying to a thread I did while back but we both saw future in the suggestion.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Fixtures !!!!!!!!

I would like to point out that I suggested this a while ago and it was soundly poo poo'd. If it goes ahead it will prove that there is an 'in' crowd on NSC and the rest of us are mere minnows bought in to bring the numbers up. :rant:

Good idea though.:yahoo:

if it goes ahead it will prove that people should get a life.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
May I intervene here?

Yes, yes I may.

It's something I've thought about, even before the PM from US yesterday suggesting it. And thoughts are not due to earning money for NSC, as by and large NSC is doing OK financially right now. As others have said - it can be a struggle to find a trustworthy tradesman on occasion and 'word of mouth' and/or knowing that someone is a fellow Albion fan does bring comfort that you're less likely to be ripped off.

Of course, if anyone did want to throw some pennies into the NSC pot then it only helps to ensure that this madcap place continues to exist for us all to 'enjoy'...

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Is it a goer then Bozza ?. A seperate forum " Friends Of NSC ". You can invite tradespeople to PM you if they want to go in the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here