Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Friendly

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Has it not occured to you the players probably worked there nuts off in training today?

I did say that they played at half pace because it was a friendly in my first comment. Was just an observation that the squad is not the quickest, Gus seems to take realiable, solid players such as Painter, Greer, Nav etc over quicker players like Tunni and McNulty. Not saying that's a negative just that it may lead it us becoming a bit one paced, we looked good with both Benno and Lua Lua on the flanks last season, I'm sure if he comes back on loan there will be no problem.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I did say that they played at half pace because it was a friendly in my first comment. Was just an observation that the squad is not the quickest, Gus seems to take realiable, solid players such as Painter, Greer, Nav etc over quicker players like Tunni and McNulty. Not saying that's a negative just that it may lead it us becoming a bit one paced, we looked good with both Benno and Lua Lua on the flanks last season, I'm sure if he comes back on loan there will be no problem.

We are about to sign a 35 year old midfielder as well.:smile:

Once we get a winger and hopefully a quick striker i still can't help thinking we lack a quality signing in central midfield.
I still have doubts over Nav.I like Dicker alot but i don't think he is the answer either.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Once we get a winger and hopefully a quick striker i still can't help thinking we lack a quality signing in central midfield.
I still have doubts over Nav.I like Dicker alot but i don't think he is the answer either.

Don't forget we still have the two Argies chomping at the bit to get a look in.

Maybe the pace and attacking qualities will come from one or both of them?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Don't forget we still have the two Argies chomping at the bit to get a look in.

Maybe the pace and attacking qualities will come from one or both of them?
I hope so but they are gambles at the end of the day.I suppose we can still sign another player permanently up untill the end of Aug.That's about 6-7 competitive games to assess the squad.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

We HAVE made this signing already. His name is Matt SPARROW.

Keep up at the back.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Does GUS call him SPAZ, too?

I can't wait for some of GUS' post match interviews this season to hear his views on SPAZ, CHINO and BATTY boy.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Radostin Kishishev and his agent are considering a one-year deal while Agustin Battipiedi and Cristian Baz still await international clearance to make their debuts.

Jamie_Seagull

Jun 22, 2010
Worthing
I am astounded at the unbelievable negativity of posters on here, it was a 2 bob pre season friendly against a half decent non-league side...Poyet has to experiment, so i for one would rather he did it during pre season than when league 1 starts! And like he keeps saying, even after the Burgess Hill win...RESULTS DON'T MATTER...its all about match fitness!

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I am astounded at the unbelievable negativity of posters on here, it was a 2 bob pre season friendly against a half decent non-league side...Poyet has to experiment, so i for one would rather he did it during pre season than when league 1 starts! And like he keeps saying, even after the Burgess Hill win...RESULTS DON'T MATTER...its all about match fitness!

Agree wholeheartedly, Why get worked up by a game that means absolutley nothing & was organised as nothing more than a money maker for Whitehawk.

From my observations like the look of Greer & Kishishev was a class above

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
IT DOESNT f***ing MATTER...... how many times do we have to say this.
ITS MATCH FITNESS>>>>>THE RESULT DOESNT MATTER >>>AAAAGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

What an utterly stupid thing to post in response to a decent summary of what happened! He even says at the end he thinks things will improve, and you're having a go at him :shrug: Maybe other people, like myself, wanted to hear a fellow supporter's view on the match? Just a thought, like.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here