Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

fresh delays at falmer?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
No surprise and not worried. Look at Wembley....building projects always take longer than originally expected.

Too many cooks and all that...

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I know for a FACT that Mr Knight told other chairman at the league chairman conference that he was HOPEFUL that we might have people on site by the new year.

So even when the club have the opportunity to let the fans down they still continue to LIE by suggesting a date that even the CHAIRMAN knows we can't keep.

Shut up Auther!

I would rather know a date when they plan to start rather than not saying anything.

They originally planned to start October / November. Its now early December its not the end of the world is it?

Get a grip, people like you are a bl**dy misery. Some of us are excited about what is happening at a club we have supported for years!

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Has Perry ever actually delivered a stadium project?

He used to work for the company I work for now many years ago (project managers) and I am reliably told he could project manage this job well enough. We tried to pitch for the work but they are doing it in house.

I don't know the ins and outs but I assume the Albion are taking on the development risk of this project rather than a 3rd party as that is what scuppered Bristol Rovers. The developer pulled out due to the credit crunch and Rovers have to re-evaluate.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Shut up Auther!

I would rather know a date when they plan to start rather than not saying anything.

They originally planned to start October / November. Its now early December its not the end of the world is it?

Get a grip, people like you are a bl**dy misery. Some of us are excited about what is happening at a club we have supported for years!

Read my post again sunshine. IT'S NOT GOING TO BE DECEMBER!! Dick Knight has said so himself this very week whilst he's been sunning up in Portugal at the League Chairman shindig.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Read my post again sunshine. IT'S NOT GOING TO BE DECEMBER!! Dick Knight has said so himself this very week whilst he's been sunning up in Portugal at the League Chairman shindig.

Where has he said that then Aurther?

Maybe I miss read this article?

Perry: December Start At Falmer | Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Stadium | Stadium

I've worked in project management for building firms, I know these things can get delayed. I am not so blinkered that I expect a lorry to roll on site on the 1st December and the stadium to kick off August 13th 2010. There may well be delays, but that is life.

What I am saying is why can't you let people look forward to the stadium finally coming rather than belittling it all the time.

Of course if you have a memo or a link proving the above wrong please show us all.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton

Perry: December Start At Falmer | Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Stadium | Stadium

I've worked in project management for building firms, I know these things can get delayed. I am not so blinkered that I expect a lorry to roll on site on the 1st December and the stadium to kick off August 13th 2010. There may well be delays, but that is life.

What I am saying is why can't you let people look forward to the stadium finally coming rather than belittling it all the time.

Of course if you have a memo or a link proving the above wrong please show us all.

Take your time with the PM

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Do you read my posts? This week the league's clubs top brass have been having their end of season meeting in Portugal (why in Portugal I do not know? Although I believe the league pays for it). I received an email this week from someone who had spoken to DK, he said he was hopeful that they would be on site in the new year.

Now as you correctly point out a month or two (or 3) in the grand scale of things isn't going to make much difference. However I have two gripes 1) why is the chairman going round saying one thing and the chief exec saying another albeit if only a month difference? 2) This is just in keeping with the rest of the project! Just another couple of months here a couple there and all of sudden were 11 years down the line and still not playing football in our own home!

no i think "the behaviour" as you put it was more of a dean wasn't allowed to manage the team as he wanted to and didn't do as dick said so he was out - all dick knight wants is a yes man - thats what he has in micky - and before anyone has another pop at me i have nothing against micky adams just the handling of the whole situation

We know exactly who it is you dislike-your predictable posts about Dick Knight appear with boring regularity yet continue to say nothing other than yet another boring snipe at Dick Knight.

Do you not realise that other board members were involved in the decision to sack your husband/father or whatever relationship it is that you have with Wilkins?

Purchase players through old contacts? Rejuvenate the fans? Aim to play attacking football?

Is that not more what the man brings to the table rather than what the chairman demands of him?

It's bhadeb you're trying to reason with-if it isn't anti-DK or sucking up to Wilkins she doesn't want to know. Clearly a hidden agenda somewhere-she has to be related to Wilkins or maybe IS Wilkins?

Do you read my posts? This week the league's clubs top brass have been having their end of season meeting in Portugal (why in Portugal I do not know? Although I believe the league pays for it). I received an email this week from someone who had spoken to DK, he said he was hopeful that they would be on site in the new year.

Now as you correctly point out a month or two (or 3) in the grand scale of things isn't going to make much difference. However I have two gripes 1) why is the chairman going round saying one thing and the chief exec saying another albeit if only a month difference? 2) This is just in keeping with the rest of the project! Just another couple of months here a couple there and all of sudden were 11 years down the line and still not playing football in our own home!

Kind of depends on what you are talking about. Work on the site of the stadium itself was never due to start this year, other than perhaps a token ground breaking ceremony. The reason being, that whole load of infrastructure had to be undertaken first. It is the infrastructure work that will be done first with the exciting stadium stuff to follow. So DK is not really being misleading when saying that work on the STADIUM may well not happen until 2009. However expect work on the roads and access to have begun before then. There really is no need for any panic at this stage and surely after 11years (which is not the fault of the board) a month or two here or there is not really a problem.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Most people on here won't have a clue about the issues that the club are dealing with and facing on a day to day basis, but I have seen what they are up against, and the correspondence that is continually going backwards and forwards and the reports that are being written, and can only say that in my opinion the board and all involved are doing a great job.

The stadium's going to be great, and of course there are going to be more delays, we're building a massive great stadium in the countryside, whoever thought that would be easy?

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
It's bhadeb you're trying to reason with-if it isn't anti-DK or sucking up to Wilkins she doesn't want to know. Clearly a hidden agenda somewhere-she has to be related to Wilkins or maybe IS Wilkins?

the simple fact is that i don't like the way that dick knight treats many people at the club - there is nothing wrong with me thinking that way - it is my opinion based on what i know - you have your opinion on what you know - i don't slag you off for yours so i would appreciate when i have mine that certain people on this board let me have mine

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Howcome the article says Carillion were responsible for Huddersfield Town's stadium? The same stadium that was named the Alfred McAlpine Stadium for several years before the naming rights were sold off again.

For some reason I had always assumed that McAlpine's had been behind its construction, can't think why...

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Howcome the article says Carillion were responsible for Huddersfield Town's stadium? The same stadium that was named the Alfred McAlpine Stadium for several years before the naming rights were sold off again.

For some reason I had always assumed that McAlpine's had been behind its construction, can't think why...

Maybe it's because Carillion bought out Alfred McAlpine earlier this year you TOOL

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003

Carillion probably took over McAlpine.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
no i think "the behaviour" as you put it was more of a dean wasn't allowed to manage the team as he wanted to and didn't do as dick said so he was out - all dick knight wants is a yes man - thats what he has in micky - and before anyone has another pop at me i have nothing against micky adams just the handling of the whole situation

Not true. Dean managed the team pretty much exactly how he wanted, which unfortunately was part of the problem.

Micky - a 'yes' man? Do you really think Micky won us promotion by kowtowing to Dick Knight? Stroll on.

the simple fact is that i don't like the way that dick knight treats many people at the club - there is nothing wrong with me thinking that way - it is my opinion based on what i know - you have your opinion on what you know - i don't slag you off for yours so i would appreciate when i have mine that certain people on this board let me have mine

The big difference between you and almost every other posters is that they don't continually look to snipe at Dick Knight regardless of what the thread topic is. You DO. My opinion is that you have a hidden agenda when it comes to Dick Knight and I reserve my right to respond to your posts in any way I see fit because I believe you are trying to undermine the club. If not the club, then certainly DK. If you don't like that-you can always stop posting. Just a thought.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here